Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Imco vs Stainless marine >

Imco vs Stainless marine

Notices

Imco vs Stainless marine

Old 03-03-2003, 11:25 AM
NEXTASEX

Default Imco vs Stainless marine

I am replacing my stock manifolds are the Imco powerflow manifolds worth the extra 200 bucks over the stainless marine on a 454mag. Teague custom marine says they make more power but i am not sure.

Old 03-03-2003, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Stick with Stainless Marine. They have a better design where the riser meets the manifold. I guarantee you that you would never be able to detect any performance differance between the two manifolds, one way or the other.
If you want to make the most power buy real tube headers, Lightning, CMI, etc.
Old 03-03-2003, 03:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Formula I lost your e-mail did you get it on your boat yet? your my tech support 4 when i put mine on
Old 03-03-2003, 03:23 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

FYI, There's a used set of Stainless Marine exhaust in the classifeds.
Old 03-03-2003, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

might look into the new Dana products manifolds they have out,
Old 03-03-2003, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts
Thumbs up I agree with TomR---Stainless Marine!

Originally posted by TomR
Stick with Stainless Marine. They have a better design where the riser meets the manifold. I guarantee you that you would never be able to detect any performance differance between the two manifolds, one way or the other.
If you want to make the most power buy real tube headers, Lightning, CMI, etc.
Old 03-03-2003, 08:20 PM
maverick1

Question headers - CMIs

TOM R

I just found a set of CMIs and am in the process of getting them mounted on my 502 EFI -- but both times I have had any contact with TEague Custom Marine - they immediately "run down" the CMIs as not performing well with the EFI and bragging up the IMCO.

Every comparison I've ever read, has always shown CMIs with superior #s to IMCOs.

WHAT GIVES????

MAV

Old 03-04-2003, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One fact that is not apparent to the naked eye is the construction of our manifolds. Every other major maufacturer molds their aluminum manifolds the same way. They make a mold with all sorts of hidden passages and lost cores, etc, and mold it. It is totally uninspectible internally, and essentially the same thickness inside and out. It might be perfect, or it might not be so perfect. Guess who is going to find out! Our manifolds are molded simply, like the manifold on your truck or car. No hidden passages, easy to inspect. We then form the cooling jackets using a deep-draw process, and install them "on the half-shell". We add the water fittings, heat them up in an oven to 500 degrees, and weld them while they are hot. They cool slowly, so as not to build up stresses. You end up with: A perfect manifold every time. A manifold that is two and a half times as thick in the inside vs. the outside. A manifold that promises to pee in your bilge when it dies, and NOT in your engine. (In 15 years, we have yet to hear of an engine ruined by the failure of our manifold). A dry joint between the manifold and the riser. People who do otherwise do not have your best interest at heart. We invented the 5 year warranty on manifolds, after many years of good experience.
Old 03-04-2003, 09:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What manifold is that Brownie?
Old 03-04-2003, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stainless Marine, of course!

Quick Reply: Imco vs Stainless marine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.