efi procharger/vs/carb blowershop >

efi procharger/vs/carb blowershop

Notices

efi procharger/vs/carb blowershop

Old 03-29-2003, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default efi procharger/vs/carb blowershop

blowers!! I know few subjects are beat to death more in here but ,here goes, I am rebuilding an hp500efi with a procharger m3 my builder (skip from MRD) wants me to scrap(sell on here) the efi and procharger and convert to blowershop /dominator1050.He just thinks so many differing opinions on ecm reprograming that the tried and tru set up with a carb would be more reliable.I have heard so many bad stories regarding ecm's and procharger .Any opinions or experiences would be appreciated! The boat is a light single engine deep v (30y2k superboat)bravo xr with an imco lower.I have to make a descision fast!!Help!
Old 03-29-2003, 09:11 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Hey Jim,

You mean that thing still isn't together yet!!! You better get your ass in gear. Spring is here!! Sorry I can't give you any advise on your questions, I have no blower experience. Carbs are a whole lot easier to tune, but there is nothing like the throttle response and ease of start-ups with E.F.I. If it were me, I would scrap the ProCharger and let Dustin set you up with a nice new Whipple. That is where I will most likely be going next winter.
Old 03-30-2003, 06:26 AM
Registered

Why not just buy a new intake and Holley 800 and use the M3. You can get 700hp out of that easily.

I had a stage 4 with ~850 hp out of a 502. Different cam and heads though. that complete system is for sale by the way.
DAVE
Old 03-30-2003, 10:10 AM
Registered

Default Hey Vin ,

I know its april and my engine is still in pieces! What I want is whipple EFI !! but the complete blower engine rebuild and whipple efi setup is big bucks,If my wife doesnt get a new kitchen this spring I will be sleeping on the boat!
Hey Vin ,
July 26, we are doing a local fun run and party starting at kismet fire island, superfest2003! superboat owners organized but all are welcome put it on your calender! check the superboat threads for updates!
Jim
Old 03-30-2003, 01:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm confused here myself with a 502 mag/mpi I was going to buy a procharger set up, But TOO MANY people keeping telling it's not a simple bolt on and there will only be problems to follow with supercharging an EFI motor. I'm confused on a 5lb kit causing problems when I installed prochargers on 5.0 mustangs without so many mods n problems.
Old 03-30-2003, 02:16 PM
Registered

Nickerson 800 carb $800
Intake $225
fuel pump & regulator $400
carb enclosure (new) ~$600
TOTAL around $2000 for approx 700hp.

Better than $8000 for new system, or you could spend several hundred for the ECU to be redone and be wondering if it's correct.

DAVE
Old 03-30-2003, 04:46 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Jim;

Count me in for July 26. Sounds like I will be holding up the back of the field again, but what the hell, someone has to be there.
You have a cool wife, she seems to want to go fast. Let the kitchen wait for the winter! Who wants to be working on the house during the already too short New York summers anyway. Those projects are winter projects.
Just for your knowledge, the speed mechanics at Grovers always seem to lean toward ProChargers. I have seen many boats there that have been rigged successfully. It seems to me that they have a known working system. Maybe it would be worth you talking to them. (516) 546-8880 Since you already have the system, it would be great if you could optimize it. Maybe you could solve all those problems you have been experiencing without going for all the big $$$ for a new set-up.

Good Luck and give a call if I can help out.
Old 03-31-2003, 12:18 PM
bobby daniels

I"VE done a ton both ways and I like the carb route it is easy to repair and tune and get parts for on the week-end !!!!!!

You don't need any high dollar blower shop or nickerson carb just get a carb the right size for your app. and ,index the power valve or send it to blown 1500 and let him he's cheap but very good and his carbs run with the best of them ,just p.m. him ,

THere's nothing trick about blower carbs ,so don't waste your money let me know if I can help

Old 03-31-2003, 04:00 PM
Registered

I am adding FAST fuel injection to my M-4 procharger and so far I love it, haven't had a chance to run it much but I thought the ease of setup was great. I had the dual 450's on a dual carb box and that setup was good and simple to setup. I have that part of it for sale, all but the intercooler and procharger. I'll sell you the pump regulator, box and carbs for a deal. Check to see what you can buy the procharger and intercooler if you don't mind used parts. Mike at CP performance originally sold mine to me at a good price. Check Ebay as well.
Another option is to scrap your factory computer and go with a FAST for complete control of all parameters of the fuel injection. I wouldn't like having to have set paramters I couldn't change with the factory computer. I am using th Wide band Option to tune it and then locking in the settings because the WBO sensor won't live long in a marine enviroment. You could still use your factory intake rails and upgrade you injectors and fuel pump.

Last edited by jspeeddemon; 03-31-2003 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-31-2003, 05:43 PM
Registered

I an not familiar with FAST ? who and what is FAST??

Quick Reply: efi procharger/vs/carb blowershop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.