Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
New member of the broken drive club..Need Advice Quick! >

New member of the broken drive club..Need Advice Quick!

Notices

Old 04-13-2003, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well my ProCharger project went well and I guess I was just expecting too much out of our newer 2001 Bravo 1 on or 28 foot Heat.

While tuning and being very happy with the results the drive let go at 5600 rpm with the 28 Bravo at 4500 foot elevation.
The lower sounds like S%#@ but the upper is the one with many pieces laying around. I'm thinking the top went and somehow got chips in the bottom. The big nut was also very loose when I pulled it off. Could be from the loss of preload or maybe it just came loose and was the cause. It doesn't really matter; it's toast anyway you look at it!

I need to make a quick decision on a replacement. I'm trying to decide on an IMCO SC, standard XR or a Teague Platinum XR.

The motor is apparently making around 750 hp and weighs 4700 lbs dry with a high X dimension.

This decision and delivery must be made this week.
Any help would be appreciated...
Thanks for the help at this time of mourning

Dave
Old 04-13-2003, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

Congratulations!! - Whether it's cars or boats, you're not making real power until you start breaking driveline parts. Good luck on the drive Dave, I know how this feels.

Would you send me an email with before and after pictures? I lost your pictures to a virus.

Tom
Old 04-13-2003, 01:47 PM
bobby daniels

Don't waste money on anything else my vote is IMCO SC !!
Jones marine in salsbury N.C. stocks them ,or factory we've tried alot but they hold up

Old 04-13-2003, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Will do Tom...
I can also send you a 4 minute log of what was happening during the tuning run. You'll just need to load the demo FAST program from www.fuelairspark.com to read it.
It will have air temps in the intake, kPa, rpm, etc...

Thanks Booby,
I was kind of leaning that way until I read an earlier thread that indicated very poor customer service. I kind of sounded like it turned out to be more of a weak Merc gear rather than their drive though.
Still a front runner. I wouldn't think they could sell as many as they do if they weren't a great unit.

Any other inputs?

Thanks,
Dave
Old 04-13-2003, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pulse Drive... stop wasting $$$ on the 90 degree 2 step! You may be a "new" member, but you are already a charter member... until you make the change.

Mongo
Old 04-14-2003, 11:51 AM
bobby daniels

Brian Jones is a competitour but he will stand behind the drive (S C ) and I have even bought from him ,he's on the board from time
to time ,Imco is an independent group as they stay so busy with their drives ,I can tell you we run them on 1100 beak boats ect and they hold up and the main thing is they work the first time

JONES MARINE OR OFFSHORE PERFORMANCE SPECILTY IN NORTH MIAMI ASK FOR DONNI

P.M. me I'll find you a drive if needed

Old 04-14-2003, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Currently two Teague Platinum XR's are behind a 38 Formula Fastech with Teague 800's. No problems here.
Old 04-14-2003, 03:08 PM
Offshore Addiction

can give you an exeptional deal on either,give a call and I can have one shipped to your door! Al 813-247-3049

Old 04-14-2003, 03:15 PM
Offshore Addiction

can give you an exeptional deal on either,give a call and I can have one shipped to your door! Al 813-247-3049

Old 04-14-2003, 03:23 PM
CESSNA

My brother has an a/t 32 with 940 H.P. and a bravo with no trouble ? Guess its how you drive

My vote is th S/C

Quick Reply: New member of the broken drive club..Need Advice Quick!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.