Tabs on Cats >

Tabs on Cats

Notices

Tabs on Cats

Old 06-11-2003, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tabs on Cats

Skater uses standard tabs on their boats while Spectre uses tunnel tabs. Any idea why? Will a tunnel tab help a Skater? Will outbound tabs help Spectres?
Old 06-11-2003, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Does the tunnel tab correct an inherent design flaw?
Old 06-11-2003, 07:04 PM
Registered

How could a tunnel tab help a Skater? They are already perfect. Of course that tunnel tab makes a great port-a-potti! Especially after all those Long Islands.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:55 PM
Registered

Hello Shawn and Jean. I thought just the crew on a skater was perfect?

Marty a cat hull seems to work best when the center of lift and center of gravity correspond. But the center of lift is not static and is affected by many factors. You will see many race hulls with motors forward with short drive shafts 15''to 30'' long. On a pleasure boat that is sometimes not desirable due to cockpit space and cost. Outboard boats are even more affected as most hulls
are smaller and the motors constitutive a greater percentage of over all weight. At any rate is is nice to have the ability to change lift characteristics with tabs.A tunnel tab can change the compression in the tunnel without inducing hydrodynamic drag. Shawn I think we can agree that tomcat 36 likes to run flat even at high speed...........150mph....... so it is set up to run that way. Most likely would not benefit from more tunnel compression. But as Jean said they do make a good porta poti.
Of course I could be wrong.
Michael

Last edited by mmwalters; 06-11-2003 at 09:00 PM.
Old 06-12-2003, 09:17 AM
Registered

Mike: It's nice that you think I am perfect, but I'm really not.

Shawn: I forgot to tell you that Glenn said he has around 8 boats going to JFJ on Saturday. Iwas thinking of dropping in after we have lunch somewhere, weather permitting. What do you think?

Mike, if you are interested in hooking up, call Jim's cell. You have the number.
Old 06-12-2003, 09:42 AM
Registered

Jean, I think you are perfect.
Saturday sounds good. I will see who is around.
Old 06-12-2003, 11:43 AM
Registered

Jean say it aint so. All this time I thought you were the perfect woman. I wish you would have told me this sooner. Now I will have to reset my standards
I will have see if I can get together a crew for Saturday
Michael
Old 06-12-2003, 12:50 PM
Registered

Shawn: I obviously have you under my spell with my perfect Long Island Ice Tea recipe.

Mike: Sorry to disappoint you, however I am about as close as you are going to get!

Don't forget guys, only 2 more weeks until Canal Day. I hope the weather improves.
Old 06-12-2003, 02:01 PM
Registered

Default Tom Cat

Hey Jim is this you.If it is This is Mark Fisher.Evrything with the motors is going well,except slow.Had a hell of a time getting the exhaust to fit but I think I finally have it.I have been working a lot and start vacation for a month on Saturday.Will finish up early next weel and splash on thursday or friday.I got the one engne fired up and the other will be monday or tuesday.I just have to adjust timing and idle and will be ready to go.I will be running 93 octane,is that what you did?Let me know any additional info if you think I need it.Talk to you soon.
Fishead
Old 06-13-2003, 09:32 AM
Registered

Mark: This is Jean, Jim & I were out late last night and didn't get a chance to turn the computer on.

Jim said that, yes, he ran 93 octane. You know you can always call him with any questions. We were wondering how you were making out. Please keep us posted on your progress.