Fuel Starvation??? >

Fuel Starvation???

Notices

Fuel Starvation???

Old 07-10-2003, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Starvation???

I have a motor that wouldnt go above 3500rpms, now it is up to about 4000, and has ran up to 4600 for a few minutes,it should run up to about 5300 like the other motor, but now its back to 4k. I have switched the carbs, coils, ignition modules, from one motor to the other trying to eliminate the problem. The timing is on, and the throttle linkages are the same. When I lay into the throttle from idle to go on plane the engine sometimes sputters and backfires, also does the same when I come off plane.

I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out this problem before next weekends poker run, the only thing else that I figure it could be is either fuel starvation (I am going to check pressures tonight) or the small "electronic module thingy" inside the distributor on the Merc Tbolt 4. Does anyone have any insight on this??
Old 07-10-2003, 12:51 PM
bobby daniels

wires ////PLUGS ?,,DO a leak or comp test

Old 07-10-2003, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bobby, it is a freshly rebuilt motor with new wires and plugs.

I just talked to Bill Kingery (F-1) 07 Team Mutual Fun, he told me that the there are probably a bunch of accessories that are wired into the same post that supplies the ignition power under the dash, and that would pull voltage away from the coil and cause the problem that I am having. I checked and there is a bunch of chit wired to the ignition power that was not there before (damn upholstry guy ) so I am supplying the ignition swithces with independant power feeds and hopefully that will solve everything