Notices

Fed Up !!!!

Old 07-16-2003, 01:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Fed Up !!!!

Well here it is almost 3:00am and I just got done wrenching.
I'm going to a poker run tommorrow so I decided to check a few things on the motor , one of them lash (solid roller cam) . Well number one intake was a tad loose. I have Jesel rocker arms so if anything is loose something is wrong. So I tighten it and run the motor (on the muffs) and it's loose again. Well off comes the intake and in goes another set of lifters, unfortunatley the same company that I had..Crower . Add that to the list of JUNK! 39 fricken hours ! Luckily I caught it in time. When rolling the wheel you can just slightly feel it turning rough.
This is three lifters in three seasons. All around the 40 to 50 hour mark. They have to make something that will last longer than that.
I'm at a loss of what to do. I don't want to switch to a hydraulic roller, since I've heard of problems with them and I just put brand new Isky springs in.
Hey Bobby D. ,
Can you come up with a profile that will make some power and be reliable ?
Old 07-16-2003, 05:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I were you I would call Dave Crower (619) 422-1191. Speak to nobody but him, he is very helpfull and will listen. Good luck.
Old 07-16-2003, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey 26,
How loose are they getting? .002" or .005+"? Just curious since it is nearly impossible to do better than +/- .002" across the board when adjusting valves. I have about 25 hrs on my set up and it seems every 5 or so hrs when I check my lash there is always 1 or 2 that is to tight or to loose. Anyway I am just trying to get a handle on what to look for when it is time for new lifters. I saw you were asking about the Schubek lifters on an earlier post. JDNCA1 ran them for 3 or so hours when he bought a new boat. Unfortunately we don't have any long term results. Sorry about your continued bad luck with this issue. I know if your cams ramps are to steep it will play hell on the lifters. A softer lobe will result in longer lifter life and only slightly less power. Keep us posted on your findings.
Thanks,
Craig
Old 07-16-2003, 01:03 PM
bobby daniels

Its a combo of the cam profile which you know and the lifters ,I would switch to Isky lifters they will for sure help alot or fix it but yes I have a cam thats easier on the ramp speedand if you want to try it let me know or add don't laugh an isky rev kit reall it will control any lifter problem ,it works on those fast ramps ,,please advise

Old 07-16-2003, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well just returned from the poker run , it was a successful day.
Nothing broke and the boat ran 79.2mph with 4 guys 3/4 tank of gas in the heat.
Not real happy with my outdrive (a XR converted bravo) , I'm having some serious shifting problems. At least it didn't break though.

Wette Vette,
Usually once I set the lash it doesn't move , period , at least not enough to tell. But this one went from .024 " to over .030". I retightend , ran it for about 10 minutes and it loosened again.

Cig1988,
Dave Crower is number one on my list of people to call tommorrow.

Bobby,
We've got to talk. I looked at the Isky lifters that you posted but I have to pull the motor apart to open the lifter bores to fit them and this motor has about 20 hours on it. Don't really want to do that.
I'm ready for a cam swap though. Talk to me ! Will I still make the same power ?
As far as rev kits, I completely believe in them. Exept when I was building the motor noone made them for a Gen 6 block.
I originally posted 39 hours on these lifters but it is more like 20. I'm definitly giving Dave Crower a call.
Old 07-16-2003, 09:31 PM
bobby daniels

You can use thier middle priced lifter standard bore , I'll save you some , yes the power will be there just not as brutial ,p.m.me I lost your nimber sorry