Extension Boxes?? >

Extension Boxes??

Notices

Extension Boxes??

Old 09-10-2003, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extension Boxes??

I have done a bit of reading about them a while ago but never gave it much thought since I had Alphas. I'm up grading to Bravo's and just wonder if the benefits are worth waiting for me to scrounge the money for them and install them all at the same time. I have external steering and tie bars now, is it a big pain in the back side to install extention boxes and what extras are needed? I"m thinking of them because the drives have nose cones already on them and I read they cause tail lift, so will the boxes counter that, or will I not even notice it?
Old 09-10-2003, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

If you are installing extension boxes the best time to do it is when you are having the transom assemblies installed on the transom and figuring in the extension boxes so that your "X" demensions are correct. It's much easier and wiser to install everything in together than wait to install the boxes later because then you have to re-figure it all out again. If you can afford it, it's MUCH better to install the boxes as you are installing the rest of the transom hardware. You'll need some kind of extension bracket to extend your steering out to reach the drives as well. I went through all of this when I switch from TRS drives to Bravo One equipment on my boat (32' Active Thunder).