Show me your Nose cones....

Notices

Show me your Nose cones....

Old 09-15-2003, 05:27 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Show me your Nose cones....

Well its time for the winter upgrades or at least thinking about what your going to do. I was thinking that my drives are looking a little crappy so some paint is in order and while I'm at it maybe some nose cones. Now I know that most people say there is no advantage until your well over 80 mph and I aint there..... yet but what the heck they look cool and they dont cost an arm and a leg. So lets hear it who's running what? post a pic if you can and let me know what kind of performance gains you made in speed or handling.....
Don
Old 09-15-2003, 05:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dyno, mine need a good cleaning and painting too. How about we do all four at the same time? I'm planning on doing the K-planes too. Remember, if they aren't black they're gonna be trouble. By the way, Tom Swanson might be in the market for a 25-pitch four-bade prop.

Last edited by Crazyhorse; 09-15-2003 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:36 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

sounds like a plan Dave.....Tom can have the prop for $150
Old 09-15-2003, 08:39 AM
Registered

ok. I'll let him know. He's very quickly finding out how expensive having fun at a high rate of speed can be.
Old 09-15-2003, 01:30 PM
Registered

What did my brother Tom do?....Dyno, I had put Hydromotive nosecones on my Scarab just because they looked cool when it was on the trailer....they made those TRS drives look more stream-lined.....Fred
Old 09-15-2003, 01:41 PM
Registered

Default Re: Show me your Nose cones....

Originally posted by dyno
Well its time for the winter upgrades or at least thinking about what your going to do. I was thinking that my drives are looking a little crappy so some paint is in order and while I'm at it maybe some nose cones. Now I know that most people say there is no advantage until your well over 80 mph and I aint there..... yet but what the heck they look cool and they dont cost an arm and a leg. So lets hear it who's running what? post a pic if you can and let me know what kind of performance gains you made in speed or handling.....
Don
I had a set of bob's on my last boat that ran low 70s, they were on before the boat hit the water. Took them off and actually gained a few mph.
Old 09-15-2003, 01:55 PM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Dyno I'm not sure where you do most of your boating but if its in any rivers I wouldn't do it. I HATE THEM. When we go to the big lakes I don't have any problems but in the small reservoirs and Ohio River I always have to patch and repaint them. Even a small twig at 50-60mph will crack the putty. Last winter I had them all fixed up and the drives painted with emron and they still look great because we have only been in Lake Michigan but this weekend we are going to Cincinnati with the boat and I hate thinking about it. So put alot of thought into it before you do it. I have TRS and only doing 70 and wish I would have taken them off.

Last edited by Doug; 09-15-2003 at 01:58 PM.
Old 09-15-2003, 06:53 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

the boat is always in Lake Michigan but thanks.....
Old 09-15-2003, 07:40 PM
Registered

Fred, I think Tom had one that was wanged when he bought the boat. He and I talked about him having a spare incase he goes bump with it.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:09 PM
Registered

Thanks Dave.....I talked to Tom tonight and he was having the props re-done this week by someplace in the heights....also I need those cam specs and part numbers that you use....I had a cam round a lobe on #6 intake....I think there is too much spring pressure....they have some big double sprung springs in it...looks close to getting spring bind also.....have had a couple of those poly lock nuts break on same motor opposite sides of the block....something ain't right.....what do you think?.....Fred

Quick Reply: Show me your Nose cones....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.