Notices

Dollies???

Old 09-17-2003, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dollies???

Anyone know if there is a product for tandem axle boat trailers that one could back the trailer on then push the trailer tight against a wall? Kinda like car dollies, but easy to drive on and off with a tandem axle trailer. I know I can fabricate something, but I don't want to put all kinds of time into it if there is a proven product out there I can just buy. You may guess I am looking to see how large of boat I can shoe horn into my garage while tkaing up the least amount of space.
Thanks,
Craig
Old 09-17-2003, 10:18 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Why not car dollies? Just jack up the trailer(one side at a time) and slide them under .
Only problem coould be weight Depending on your boat you could flatten them

Ok, I just checked you profile...they should hold a 210 Baja(on a tandem trailer)
Old 09-18-2003, 07:15 AM
Registered

Car dollies will work fine, but I am thinking of something simple like drive on dollies. It would be a pain to jack up the trailer every time you put the boat away or go out. My Baja 210 Sport fits in the garage just fine, but my next boat will fit a little tighter. It would be cool if there are some dollies that are easy to back the trailer onto and then pack the boat tight against the wall not wasting any space. Maybe it is a new product just waiting to be developed!!!!!
Old 09-18-2003, 10:23 AM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Oh , this is a weekly thing. I thought you were referring to "off season" type storage. You're right , it would tend to be a P.I.A.
Old 09-18-2003, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen somewhere in a previous post an idea of use 1/8 steel rods under plywood. The rods would be laid perpendicular to your axles and the wood on top of them. Back onto the wood. With all the tires on the wood on top of the rods you can push it sideways.
Acts like a flat roller bearing.
Old 09-21-2003, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Todd
Sounds like one hell of an idea but I think Craig has a dirt floor in his garage..

Sorry Craig, Couldnt pass up the chance!!How are things going havent seen you this summer!!Seen that you are going to build a big incher, havent you made the triple number yet. = BLOWER

Eliminator219