New Ridgid cordless tools at home depot >

New Ridgid cordless tools at home depot

Notices

New Ridgid cordless tools at home depot

Old 09-23-2003, 11:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Ridgid cordless tools at home depot

Home depot has a new ridgid line of cordless tools that if you buy before dec 31, 2003 they are guaranteed for life. everything even the battery. They are similar to the dewalts except dewalt batteries are about 80 bucks.

What do you guys think about them? Our little company has about one of each, bosch hammer drill, milwaukee hole hawg, skil and dewalts ccordless, but the life guarantee has me wondering? I asked the guy what if you drive over the drill or drop it two stories and he said that it is guaranteed. They claim that the batteries will charge in 30 minutes where as a dewalt takes about an hour.

What do you guys think are they worth a try? Some one hear must know the story on these. Are they any good?

thanks
Old 09-24-2003, 05:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never knew Ridgid built power tools.

Any tool that comes with a lifetime warranty is a good deal. Even if it doesn't perform well in all uses, it's still useful for some things. And if it breaks, it's covered.
Whenever my department has an assembly job that will destroy tools we go and buy Craftsman products just for that reason. If we wear it out, and we do, it's replaced for free.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:49 AM
Registered

Best calendar.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:12 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Rigid builds tools. Or at least they market them. These look like a lower level than their standard industrial tools. In all honesty, I have found "life time warranties" to be just about worthless. They are probably only warrantying defects in manufacturing-not actual usage. So if the switch wears out in 10 years, it didn't fail because it was defective. It fail because it wore out. Naturally dropping the tool wouldn't be a manufacturing defect either.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:43 AM
Registered

I too have benefited from the craftsman warranty. The guarantee does cover normal wear items. www.ridgid.com is the web site. i too have lifetime warranties that were useless or canceled. I wonder who makes these? The lifetime warranty is only good until 12/03

I might toss the dice on this one. Our home depot has been pretty good at taking things back.