Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Freshwater Stain Removal >

Freshwater Stain Removal

Notices

Freshwater Stain Removal

Old 12-30-2003, 05:10 PM
Ric232

Default Freshwater Stain Removal

Okay, I made the mistake of not cleaning the water line off my boat the last time I took it out. Little did I think it would be 4 mos before I got back to it. Now that I've tried to clean it, most of the stain comes off, but there is a very faint stain remaining that I cannot get off with soap and water.

Any suggestions? Soft Scrub? Alcohol (drink enough so that I can't see the stain anymore)? I'm sure I can get it off with white polishing compound, but I want to try non-abrasives first.

Old 12-30-2003, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Slimey Grimey works great or Oxyclean . You can fine Oxyclean at your local Wally Mart.
Old 12-30-2003, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had great luck with some of the acid type cleaners at west marine, a couple that work well are EZ-ON EZ-OFF, also the Star Brite hull cleaner works well, just use gloves to wip on let sit a few minutes then wash off, it will do the work for you
mark
Old 12-30-2003, 06:25 PM
Registered

I also sell one that works great. It's called Ringo and it's easiest to use. I've sold it to hundreds of OSO members and boaters and they all love it. Simply wipe the gel on and spray it off after 5 minutes (no gloves required). It will take off any stain you have on your fiberglass and can even be used in areas where other liquids cannot get or will cause damage (like contact with alminum and wire harnesses). If you're interested, email or IM me and I'll get you all the info you need.

Dave
Old 12-30-2003, 09:23 PM
homan

Mary Kate ON&OFF hull and bottom cleaner if it takes brown tide off no sweat it''ll surely take off fresh water muck.

Old 12-30-2003, 09:33 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Ringo is great, but I don't know if I can buy anymore from 340 with that Avatar.
Old 12-30-2003, 10:11 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sno-bowl toilet bowl cleaner...really.
It works!
Use it full strength, with gloves. Just wipe or spray on
let it work for a couple of minutes amd wipe or hose off.

You will have to re-wax but the stain will be gone.
I've tried other brands, but none works like Sno-bowl.
Old 12-31-2003, 05:18 PM
Notched_Baja

Spartan Chemical SD-20.
Spray it on and wipe it off. It's as easy as that.
Find it a wholesale cleaning warehouses. Places that sell to schools and so forth.
Safe to use on anything and around the house. Great for taking off exhaust stains.

Old 01-01-2004, 06:01 PM
Registered

Don't waste your money on any of the special cleaners, SNOBOWL toilet bowl cleaner will get it off.
Old 01-01-2004, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Muriatic acid from a swimming pool supply co. 1 gallon costs about $2.50. Put it in a spray bottle {plant mister type} and just spray it on. Works just about on contact. Nasty stuff to use though, stay up wind of fumes and wear rubber gloves. Spray on...hose off.

Quick Reply: Freshwater Stain Removal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.