Looking for a boat, need help >

Looking for a boat, need help

Notices

Looking for a boat, need help

Old 01-06-2004, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a boat, need help

I am interested in buy a new performace boat. It will be a first for me. I would like to start out with a used boat that way if I sink it I won't hurt as bad. I am open to suggestions as to what to get, but I am looking for a 32-45 foot boat. One thing that matters to me is the cabin, I want a nice cabin. I am interested in a Fountain, but my buddies say to go with a Formula or a Hustler. Mainly because that is what they have. I would also like to buy a boat with no motors. Not sure if that is possible, but I have motors. Again thanks for any help.
Old 01-06-2004, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will receive better and more responses if you move this to the general discussion thread.

Then hang on!

No matter what is recomended take a test ride first. Also need some more info, where do you boat, how many people do you take, do you overnight, trailering?

Also what do you mean by nice cabin? Headroom, amenities? Fountain makes a nice cabin but so does Blackthunder and they are nothing alike, so you need to give more information on what nice is to you.
Old 01-06-2004, 05:44 PM
Registered

Yup, you will get all kinds of replies with pictures of everyone's boats for sale. Should be entertaining.
Old 01-06-2004, 06:20 PM
Registered

Thanks for the quick replies. Here is some more info, I will be boating in the Northeast, mostly on Lake Champlain and Lake Ontario. I live 3 miles from Lake Champlain. If the boat isn't in the water it will be on a trailer. I do travel a lot so I might take it with me as well. Usually myself and three others go boating. Of course there are times when there are a few more. I personally have never had a boat with a cabin, they have all been open bow's. When I spent the night on the lake it was in my buddies house boat. I would like to be able to sleep in my boat, which is where the nice cabin comes in. I would prefer a sink, refrigerator, stove, enclosed head. I don't have any real specifics on head room. I have never seen a Blackthunder, and I am interested in seeing one now. I have been in a few Fountains and was very impressed. I want a boat I can learn with, yet grow into. The boat doesn't have to be fast at first, yet I dont' want a dog. I can take care of making it fast later.
Old 01-06-2004, 06:27 PM
Registered

The nicer cabins, more headroom and plusher amenities are found in BlackThunder, Donzi, Sonic and Formula. Cigarettes depending on year can have nice cabins although little headroom. Also the Fountains I have been in are nice but tight for space. I have not seen a hustler cabin so I can't comment on them.
Old 01-06-2004, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and nor-tech
Old 01-07-2004, 04:32 PM
mshea

No one likes a sales guy but I may have a perfect boat for you. I own an '84 Fountain 10-Meter (33') that needs engines. She has approximately 250 original hull hours, a new (untitled) 3x-axle aluminum trailer, 0-hours on rebuilt Speedmaster II drives. I bought her from the original owner in '97 and used her on a lake in Virginia. My plan was to experiment with muscle boating at a low price point just in case I didn't like it. Now that she needs engines, I can either sell her 'as is' or repower myself - shame is, I haven't and don't have time to use her.

Overall, she's in very good shape and led a pampered life. I'm not sure what fair market value of the boat is but would accept a reasonable offer before I repower. She's in lower New York.

Old 01-07-2004, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lake Champlain

Hey I just bought a Formula off of Lake Champlain and the guy lived about 3 miles from the lake. I bought it from Dan St. Hilaire in Shelburne, VT. Have you seen this boat before on Champlain?
Attached Thumbnails Looking for a boat, need help-55842718_1.jpg  
Old 01-07-2004, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

When you say you have engines are they suitable for marine use?
Old 01-07-2004, 07:53 PM
Registered

MShea do you have any pics?

Bford1, I have never seen that boat before. I live on the other side of the lake. The NY side. If you need any help with the boat let me know.

The engines I have are Cummins in-line 6's. They are marine versions. This is the first time I have ever played with a Marine engines, so I am learning. If I can get them to make the HP the Other Cummins engines we have played with, I would be happy.

Quick Reply: Looking for a boat, need help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.