Alpha to Bravo help >

Alpha to Bravo help

Notices

Alpha to Bravo help

Old 02-20-2004, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpha to Bravo help

I'm changing to Bravo 1 and need help figuring out what parts I need for my sea pump mounting. The engine is a 1985, 350, 260hp block. I bought 2 mounting brackets part #: 89609 and 89535T. I'm not sure where abouts on the motor the brackets attach.

#2) I need to change my drive coupler. The engine puts out 400 + HP so I heard there are 2 types of couplers, ones for higher HP than the other. Will it fit my flywheel? Do I have to change my Flywheel cover. Not sure if the bolts will clear the edges of the cover. If it neeeds to be changed, whats the part # or size that I need.

Is there any other surprise instore for me?

Thanks for the input.
Old 02-21-2004, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to change over to a bravo coupler you will have to use a newer flywheel housing,with the larger hole for the bravo coupler.also you might have the smaller flywheel on that engine.if so you will have to change the flywheel and starter.you can use the seawater pump and brackets for a 320 efi bravo engine,or a seawater pump from a sb inboard.it bolts to the block under the stb bank.your crank pully should have an extra groove in it for the belt.i should have most of this stuff here.call during the week and i can explain a little better,chris