Re-Painting Sidevents >

Re-Painting Sidevents

Notices

Re-Painting Sidevents

Old 03-05-2004, 05:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Re-Painting Sidevents

A couple of the cast aluminum sidevents to my '89 Panther had scratches on the white finish, and it looks like they were black to start with and someone just sprayed over the top of the original finish (not good). The boarding footplates are the same material and finish, but strippng paint off one shows they are factory white. Everything looks generally dingy, so I figured re-paint is in order for all.

I can take the time to get everything stripped, but what is the best way to get that nice baked-on finish for these high-wearing surfaces? The longest vents are 4', and I don't have a large enough oven to try powdercoating myself.
Old 05-04-2004, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, finally found good solution to problem above. Jim Kruse at LOTO did a great job powder-coating them over. Easy to work with-reasonable cost-quick turnaround. Looks like he can handle little and big work.

PH: 573.302.1380

Oh, and tell him he has to give me a 90% discount on the next thing I bring in for the referral.