gps/color plotter >

gps/color plotter

Notices

gps/color plotter

Old 03-29-2004, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gps/color plotter

I am looking for a gps/plotter for my 2001 formula fastech. I have seen them installed between the gauges on the dash which looks good but limits me on size. I like the Norstar 6000i, but I think it's too large. Anyone gave suggestions on a user friendly, good quality unit?
Old 03-30-2004, 09:23 AM
Registered

Default GPS Plotter

I've got a SIMRAD GPS that includes depth, GPS, water temp and speed. I used the industrial strength vecro under factory u-bracket on top of the cabin hatch cover. That way I can easily remove it when not on boat--they tend to get legs. The new SIMRAD 3X series is great--saw it at the Miami Boat show and would mount the same way. I used a trasom mount sender for the trasnducer assembly becasue the hole required in bottom was gonna be like 3" and the fairing block was HUGE.

Also have radar and tv antenna on radar arch along with the GPS antenna. I put the XM radio antenna in cabin on shelf--and it works great.

Ther is picture of my boat in FORMULA forum

Poorsche
Old 03-30-2004, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Garmin 182C in dash on my 382 Fastech. Fits well, looks great. Can't sent pictures ... no digital camera
Old 03-30-2004, 03:01 PM
Registered

I have a 182C in the dash of my 353 as well. It is a tight fit on the 353 with the stock gauges. I have been pleased with the performance of the GPS.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GARMIN 182C

Have one in the Top Gun and also the cat.

The only way to go.

Shows everything. Highlight a marina /destination and it even gives you the capabilities/services of the marina and phone #.
Old 03-30-2004, 05:50 PM
Registered

Default gps

This helps. I have a 2001 382 and with the information I recieved helped me narow my decision down to the Garmin 178C. It will be available mid April and has the same measurements as the 182C. I will be picking the boat up this weekend in Arizona and thsi will be the first purchase for the boat. I think I'll order the GPS from GPS City. They were recommmended by Garmin. Anyone have any experience with them? Thanks for the quick response. Speaks highly of the forum! I'm a new member and look forward to keeping up with the threads!
KC
Old 03-30-2004, 06:41 PM
Registered

Ordered my 182C from gpsdiscount.com and received it in 3 days. Great service and great prices. I highly recommend them. You should definitely look into ordering the Blue Chart cards for your area. They are what gives you the excellent detail mentioned above. Good luck on your GPS and your 382

Double Dealin'
Old 03-30-2004, 09:41 PM
Registered

Default gps

They have the blue charts and also the cd rom option where I could load all the "blue charts" and also load it on my laptop. Pricewise a little more, but the rep said I would like it. Also they have 3 cd's for the inland lakes. I'm going to place the order tomorrow and let you know how it works out. I may get back for some input on the antenae. I may consider the velcro solution as mentioned.

On another note, has anyone ever changed the windshield on a 382. I really like the polished windshields and the boat I bought did not have that option. I would really like to buy one, preferably used, if it's not going to break me!

Thanks!