Eddie Marine Tips?????????????????????? >

Eddie Marine Tips??????????????????????

Notices

Eddie Marine Tips??????????????????????

Old 05-18-2004, 09:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eddie Marine Tips??????????????????????

Over the winter i installed E.M. tips with internal flappers, how louder our these flappers? This past weekend i fired my boat up out of the water and was horrified by the sound of banging of mables on the back of the transon (thats where it sounds like it was comming from)? anyway i thought it was the outdrive? so off she came, everything looked fine so i grease everything and put it back together. Is it the flappers? When i rev it up it goes away? is this the flappers staying open? I'm getting ready to put old tips on to see if it goes away? HELP
Old 05-18-2004, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Eddie Marine Tips??????????????????????

That is your Flappers boss!!!!!!!!!!1

Scared the chit outta me too!!!!!

What I did to prove it to myself was took a few broom handles, and stuffed them up there to wedge the flaps open, then fired it up, and the noise was gone!!!
Old 05-18-2004, 12:38 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

maybe you should look at getting the flappers like this?
http://www.cpperformance.com/detail...._id=410-280174

I have one flapper installed incorrectly on my Teague tips and it rattles.
I am just learning to live with it because I really dreaded removing them
Do not remember but they said they have they one way to help reduce the noise.
I can look at the boat this weekend and see what dirrection they are
Old 05-18-2004, 12:49 PM
rv
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Rex Marine exhaust tips are not suppose to rattle at idle. I have a previous version of theirs (2002 model) and it rattled at idle and after a few months the flappers broke off and fell out. No more rattle but no more reversion protection either. When I contacted them about this they indicated they have a new design that is quite and doesn't rattle. Oh, they wanted $25 each to take care of the broken ones. So much for a warranty, a few months old and they would not cover it!

Rick
Old 05-18-2004, 03:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by WHOSNEXT
Over the winter i installed E.M. tips with internal flappers, how louder our these flappers? This past weekend i fired my boat up out of the water and was horrified by the sound of banging of mables on the back of the transon (thats where it sounds like it was comming from)? anyway i thought it was the outdrive? so off she came, everything looked fine so i grease everything and put it back together. Is it the flappers? When i rev it up it goes away? is this the flappers staying open? I'm getting ready to put old tips on to see if it goes away? HELP

Those are the flappers, I have a custom pair built in mine from Stainless Marine and they sound horriffic, but I also am running a blown 540. The way I look at it if you hear that sound that means you are protected from reversion.

Here is a pic of the little bugger!

Better to hear than not to hear them.

my 02.
Attached Thumbnails Eddie Marine Tips??????????????????????-108_0884.jpg  
Old 05-18-2004, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Krumbsnatcher
Those are the flappers, I have a custom pair built in mine from Stainless Marine and they sound horriffic, but I also am running a blown 540. The way I look at it if you hear that sound that means you are protected from reversion.

Here is a pic of the little bugger!

Better to hear than not to hear them.

my 02.
Has nothing to do with the blown 540, OK, they will probably rattle a little more with that setup. Mine did it with a stock 350!!! Come to find out, the noise mine were making was not so much the opening, and closing, but the side to side play.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lightbulb Re: Eddie Marine Tips??????????????????????

I have been running the Eddie marine mufler tips for three year now. The engine sounds scary at an idle. When I fired up for the first time this year some of the molded rubber blew out. I'm going to just cut them out and use external flappers...
Old 05-18-2004, 11:02 PM
Registered

I just put Rex Marine tips on last Saturday. They have rubber on the top & bottom of the internal steel flappers and they make NO rattling noise. In fact, everybody noticed that my boat is quieter on the inside when running - I guess because I have the angle-cut tips that point down. The flappers are supposed to be warrantied for 5 years.
Old 05-22-2004, 06:44 AM
Registered

has anyone tried the stealth flappers by eddie I just bought 2 sets but haven't put them on yet. The flapper is fastened to a plate and bolts inside the tip. you don't have to remove tip.
Old 05-22-2004, 09:55 PM
Registered

I installed the EMI tips 2 years ago. They make alot of noise but I can only hear it when the hatch is open. I am currently installing a complete EMI exhaust on a boat but I will be using the steakth tips. I didnt think the owner would want to hear the rattling. Ill post hear when I am finished with the install.

Quick Reply: Eddie Marine Tips??????????????????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.