HELP! truck tires >

HELP! truck tires

Notices

HELP! truck tires

Old 06-22-2004, 08:22 PM
Steve_H

Default HELP! truck tires

im at my wits end.
last week i bought new Hankook Dynamic Radials 245/75R16E for the truck (dodge 2500 4 x 4 clubcab) and i barely got the boat home towing with them. very squishy. i was all over the road.
so , today i took them back and had Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos put on.
a little better but not much. still dangerous.
i had extremely old worn out dry rotted Firestone Steeltex on it before and it towed great. no squishyness at all.
ive tryed different tire pressure up to 80 psi (the max) which seams to be the best but its still dangerous.
anyone have any ideas on what i should try next?
ive probably only bought new tires twice in my life. never keep a vehicle long enough to warrent them.

Old 06-22-2004, 08:48 PM
micky dee

Default Re: HELP! truck tires

go with a 8 or 10 ply side wall. heavy duty truck tire. 265 in size . that is what i run on our 1999 ford 250 deisel , carry four 55 gallon paint drums in the back.

Old 06-22-2004, 09:19 PM
ccscarab

Michelin LTX/AT Great life, best warranty, all i ever run.

Old 06-22-2004, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might consider Perelli(sp) truck tires. Talked with a driver years ago at the fuel pumps, and he complained of the same problem, and corrected it with Perelli's

But, I'm surprised of your problem with Revo's. They're a great tire. Hope you get it sorted out.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:39 PM
Steve_H

could it be that those old firestones were so dry , hard , and worn flat across the tread that they couldnt squish around?
im really puzzled

Old 06-22-2004, 10:20 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

10 Ply E Load Rated in one of 2 brands ONLY:

BF Goodrich All Terrain KO
Cooper Discoverer AT

I have had them both, and both are FANTASTIC truck tires. I won't tow with anything else.

Send a PM to Mama Tryed here on OSO. He will hook you up!

Last edited by Sydwayz; 06-22-2004 at 10:22 PM.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:28 PM
dropthehammer

Second the Michelin LTX A/T - 265 75R16 - I tow a 28' Nordic behind a Chevy 2500HD and she rolls comfortably. These tires will last a long while.....

Old 06-23-2004, 03:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My vote goes to the Michelin LTX AT. I have six on my F350 crew cab dually and they tow great at 85psi.
Old 06-23-2004, 04:29 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

More than likely , those Firestone Steeltex Tires, were the O.E. Tire on your Truck, either a A.T. or the R4S.. Great Tires!! The Revo's that you have now, are One of the Newest Designed Tires on the Market. I have sold several, but I have never Run them Personally.
My advice to you, if you aren't going to keep the Revos, is use a Tire that is the Least Aggressive as you can get by with and use a 10ply.
It seems like the Michelin All Terrain is everybody's favorite,, Great Tire for sure,, I run the LTX M/S on my F350 Rear and the XPS Rib on the Front. The Michelin XPS Series have all Steel Casings. Great for Towing. I would have used them all the way around the Truck, except for the Ramps at Lake Cumberland are at a 90 degree angle and I didn't know if the Ribs would have enough Traction to pull me Out of the Water or not.
Could you not Find the Firestones, or were just wanting to try something different?
Old 06-23-2004, 06:49 AM
Steve_H

i tryed to get by cheap at first with the hankooks but learned my lesson so i went with what i was told was the best with the revos. both are e rated 10 ply tires. i dont want to be a peta with the tire place but i need something else so i guess ill have them put on a set of firestones. if that doesnt work should i try a 14 ply tire? im really baffled that the old tires didnt wallow like these news ones.

Quick Reply: HELP! truck tires

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.