Notices

Rip off

Old 06-28-2004, 08:44 PM
JACKO

Angry Rip off

Has anyone purchased an engine from Derebery Performance? I was looking to repower and I noticed Derebery Performance on OSO and thought it would be a great place to purchase. I talked to Leon on the phone he seemed honest. We discussed all the details and came up with a price. Leon ask me to send the details in writing and I agreed. After Leon recieved my letter a called him and we both agreed on everything, that incuded shipping, and delivery date.

I sent him my check. The delivery date came and went, I waited two week and then I called. That's when I started hearing all the excuses, I didn't know you wanted right away, it's next on the Dino, where sending this week, ect, ect. Leon's secretary always would say Ill call you right back, she never did. Almost three months later I got the engine. This week I recieved a a bill in the mail for shipping. I called to straighten out. I got screwed out of $280 bucks. That's my story just thought you might want to here it.....

Old 03-02-2005, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Rip off

I have had a similar experience with Leon Derebery. Needless to say he won't have any business from me again.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can talk to "boatman747" also about his experience.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:45 PM
Registered

Wow, sounds strange, Leon did some work on my 35 Fountain I just bought, he gave me the tour of his shop, engine assy. room, dyno room and a lot more, he took a lot of time with me just talking about boats and such, he does a lot of mail order engines, when I was there a guy from New york called and ordered three engines. everything he said he would do for me he did, I would use him again. Jacko how about giving me your real name and I will call Leon and find out his side of the story
Mark R
Old 03-02-2005, 07:35 PM
Registered

I personally won't do major business with a shop that is further than a couple hour drive from my house. Doing business face to face is so much more effective in my opinion plus the shop then knows you may show up at any time to check things out. If you already have the engine and you agreed to a delivered price, which you paid then why pay the shipping bill? Just my .02!

Craig
Old 03-02-2005, 07:44 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

yeah, just don't pay it.... if you have paid the agreed price on the contract, then you are good... might have been just a clerical error... hopefully the motor runs the way you want..
Old 03-02-2005, 07:46 PM
Registered

Your engine was only 3 months late, and just $280 over estimate? In the boating world, you got a good deal
Old 03-02-2005, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chart
Your engine was only 3 months late, and just $280 over estimate? In the boating world, you got a good deal
Unfortounatly chart right 280 over is nothing and 3 months late isnt that out of line in this industry, I have used derebery a few times and they do take awhile but their product is as claimed and reliable. It seems the guys worth dealing with always take a while becuase thery are so few and far between that they just can't keep up.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Leon is swamped with business. He isnt just going to hire anyone to help get things out the door. A $280 error is no reason to register on a forum to post this. What engine did you buy? Sorry to hear you were unhappy.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by H2Xmark
Wow, sounds strange, Leon did some work on my 35 Fountain I just bought, he gave me the tour of his shop, engine assy. room, dyno room and a lot more, he took a lot of time with me just talking about boats and such, he does a lot of mail order engines, when I was there a guy from New york called and ordered three engines. everything he said he would do for me he did, I would use him again. Jacko how about giving me your real name and I will call Leon and find out his side of the story
Mark R

that's exactly how i was treated until i began to question his lack of work and extra charges. he charged me for several items that he did not perform.

here is my original thread:
Derebery Poor Service Thread

He tried to charge me for things like blue printing the engine and then not doing the work. The quote he provided had a lot of work listed for the price. it appeard to be a good deal. First he orders the wrong headers (more expensive) and then wants me to pay for them. I decide i won't pay his high prices and i'll buy my own damn headers. he tells me he won't give me a warranty since he is not installing the headers. he quoted a 1 year warranty.

Quick Reply: Rip off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.