bravo one maintenance? >

bravo one maintenance?

Notices

bravo one maintenance?

Old 07-05-2004, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default bravo one maintenance?

i am having problems getting all the oil out of the drive, i had the lower plug out, which by the way didn't have a rubber seal, and the upper vent plug. i'd guess that i got about two of those 80w-90 jugs worth out, but then it stopped, and the resevoir bottle only went down a little. why didn't the bottle level empty out?? I bought mobil one 75w-90 synthetic to put in it, is this better than the norm? i also have the adapter to fit on the drain threads to fill it back up, but i can't get all the old stuff out help!!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2004, 09:20 PM
Registered

Default Re: bravo one maintenance?

should i be using the merc high performance gear oil instead??
Old 07-05-2004, 10:34 PM
Registered

i will get the merc oil then, but i don't know why the bottle isn't emtying??!!!
and i could swear that the bottom gasket is not there, the top one stayed in the resesed area like you said, but i felt around with a pick on the bottom, and no gasket
Old 07-06-2004, 07:36 AM
Registered

what do you mean by pushing on the plunger end, i have never had the drive off or seen the other side of it, so i'm not sure what your talkin about. always seems to work out this way for me, a simple job turned into a major project
Old 07-06-2004, 09:59 AM
Registered

ttt....i need help on this guys
Old 07-06-2004, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The tube runs thru the drive, you will see it disconnect when you pull the drive back. There is a plunger/check valve to keep it from dumping when the drive is pulled. Preasure will move the plunger forward and you will have the system back. Pushing it will tell if it is working, push in=oil out, push in no oil= problem in the flow.
Old 07-06-2004, 02:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Re: bravo one maintenance?

Originally Posted by cloudmaster_321
i am having problems getting all the oil out of the drive, i had the lower plug out, which by the way didn't have a rubber seal, and the upper vent plug. i'd guess that i got about two of those 80w-90 jugs worth out, but then it stopped, and the reservoir bottle only went down a little. why didn't the bottle level empty out?? I bought mobil one 75w-90 synthetic to put in it, is this better than the norm? i also have the adapter to fit on the drain threads to fill it back up, but i can't get all the old stuff out help!!!!!!!
My boat is rack stored and I put it on a pad to change the gear lube. I have always used Mercury HP. I take a hot air gun and wave it around the surfaces of the drive for 10-15 minutes to warm the surface up and wait another 5 minutes. The heat really thins the fluid down and it empties near completely. The guys servicing hydroplanes should me this trick last year at the races.
Old 07-06-2004, 02:52 PM
Registered

so in otherwords, it still should drain the bottle when i open up the drain and vent on the drive, and if it doesn't, i have some gunk in the bottle or something, i did notice some sort of white looking stuff at the bottom, and it didn't move when i moved the bottle around, could be the problem