Jessel rockers

Notices

Jessel rockers

Old 08-03-2004, 12:07 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jessel rockers

anyone know of a good source? and are they worth all the xtra $$$???
Old 08-03-2004, 12:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Jessel rockers

high-tide, you have a real way with words! Seriously though, I totally agree with you. Just my .02--Lou
Old 08-03-2004, 01:26 PM
cryoracer

Hello, I have the Jessel system on my drag race car which has a big solid roller cam and very stiff valve springs. My 2002 Nordic Heat is running a 598 with a pretty big solid roller and psi valve springs with a lot of seat pressure,and I run the T & D system on it, which is pretty much like the Jessel but a little less money. On these applications these types of rockers provide great durablity. I agree with everyone else, if you are running a smaller cam and not a lot of valve spring and I probably would not spend the extra money. At the end of last season most of the valve train on my Nordic was trashed, so that is why I swithed to the T & D rocker system and the PSI valve springs which are factory cryo'd and triple heat treated and then we coated them in house with our antifriction coating. I will let you know at the end of the season if it was worth it. Good Luck to you! Glen

Old 08-03-2004, 02:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

cryoracer-- Sounds like those two motors really bark. Just out of curiosity,what kind of drive setup is behind that 598 and has it held up?
Old 08-03-2004, 03:18 PM
cryoracer

Lmarth-- I am running a stock length BMax with 1.3 ratio and a stock 30 pitch Bravo, but I am looking into the new Hydromotive 5 blade, if you look under the Nordic forum you will find my discussion with Nordic Heat. We first put this engine in last year and broke the Bmax twice. I broke the vertical shaft the first time and the coupler the second time. Dean was very nice to me and did not charge me and sent up a fresh reconditoned drive. It has been fine ever since, I have about 26 hours on it with the big motor. I think some of the problem may have been that I am use to taking off in a 9 second drag car. Can't do that with the heavy Nordic. I have learned to be very gentle with the throttle until there is enough speed and I have it trimmed out, then I can lean on it. The downside of the Bmax is the power the bigger gears rob, but it is worth it to me to keep the drive together. I forgot to tell you the 598 is an EFI quadrotor motor and there is a lot of torque. Drives do not really like that a lot! Hope she contiunes to hold up. - Glen

Old 08-03-2004, 03:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Glen-- I need a minute for this all to sink in- A Nordic Heat with a solid lifter, EFI, Quadrotor 598 ??? I'll bet you surprised a few "hot boats" with that set-up! You're probably working on the marine equivalent of wheelie bars! High-tide- don't misunderstand my comment. I loved your post- short and to the point!--Lou
Old 08-03-2004, 04:05 PM
cstraub69@comcast

Dyno,
Their is no deal on Jesels. Mark up from WD to retail is not much. I would go with the competition series with the oiling and not the SS series. Boats are like drag cars, we run for long periods of time.

Chris

Old 08-04-2004, 05:19 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

thanks for all the info...sounds like with my dinky little flat tappet hyd. cams I can stick with Cranes and keep my money for other stuff.....
Old 08-04-2004, 06:43 AM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Personally, I would not use Crane rockers. I prefer Comp Cams Stainless rockers, they have a much bigger bearing that would most likely be more durable. I am going with those for my 540 build-up.
Old 08-04-2004, 06:57 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

I've used Cranes,Comps and Harland Sharps in the past with fair longevity with all of them....they seam to go about 300 hours and then show signs of wear.

Quick Reply: Jessel rockers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.