Notices

Rigging

Old 08-17-2004, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rigging

Is there place i can call that has used rigging that i could buy? SOME PLACE THAT I COULD PURCHASE AN OIL COOLER, A RAW WATER PUMP, BRACKETS,etc. the motor that i have lined up dose not have any of the items on it. It has carb to pan minus distributor. could fellow board members point me in the right direction. The seller is throwing in a set of gil manifolds and a drive. The boat has the gimbal on the outside and all the rams and power steering. what should a person expect to pay for the rigging to get a setup like this going?
Old 08-18-2004, 08:09 AM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Default Re: Rigging

Try Cobra Power they are in the marine links I have gotten used brackets from Randy and he is a good guy
Old 08-18-2004, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll second that... Randy has set me up with a number of good used parts for reasonable prices. They have quite a selection of "left overs" from repowering with their own hardware.

Call Randy at 305 893-5018. I keep this number handy - programmed into my cell.

Good luck,
Brian
Old 08-18-2004, 09:26 AM
Registered

p4-33: great meeting you guys in Cincy.bummer about saturday, Hope you got the bug out.
Martin.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:43 AM
Registered

Ok here it goes and i know i am going ot sound like an idiot. I am attempting to put all the accesories for this package together but i do not know exactly what i need. I have been a gear head from way back and i have a back ground in engeneering. I have worked on some of the most complicated industrial manufacturing eqip in the world. I have also tore down and rebuilt my outboard several tiems along with repairs to my 2001 e39 4.4 litre varable valve hemi v8 in my car. I love the shyat. I am attempting to put all accesories on the this motor combo. The motor is a merc 502 gen 6. i am putting it in a 236 eagle with a bravo 1. I think i need a wiring aharness, circut breaker, coil, crossover cuz i do not need a pump because the lower unit has one. oil filter adapter, oil cooler, alternator brackets, front and rear with any spacers, i can get a belhousing on ebay for 200, i need a coupler,i need a starter, flame arrestor,.......????? what else do i need?
Old 08-18-2004, 10:03 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Call him up and tell him you want a "complete engine dress". You want it to be COMPLETE. This will get you the harness, brackets, accessories, coolers, water pumps, pulleys, fuel pump, hoses, nuts & bolts, distributor, etc. Stress that you need it to be complete. You don't want to do this peacemeal. You'll rip your hair out because there are so many different combinations. This won't be cheap, but it'll have everything that you need.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:17 AM
Registered

Cord, Do you know any other places in our area that would have engine dress? Do i rally need a water pump on the motor? the bravo dose have one i the lower unite dose it not? I am interested in this combination with this broker but he is being a real pain in the a$$. He told me i could have the package for one price and then he backed out because he could not get it all together. I think he dose not know WTF he is doing I am getting ready to say screw it and buy one from across the country and he can sit on his till next spring when i he will take an even larger hit because of depreciation.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:00 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

What's your area? You don't have a location under your name. If you mean Wisconsin, yes I know somebody that would have the parts you need and would help you out. It's just that they need to get paid for their service which equals $$.

The Bravo uses a engine mounted pump. The alpha has the pump in the lower.

If you are having issues getting the engine and dress, then my guy would definetly help you. I know that he can sell you a complete, dressed engine ready to drop. That may just be the best way to go. Picture if you will a 3 dimensional puzzle with no box picture and some of the pieces are missing and couple that don't fit have been included.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:15 AM
Registered

I have the 250 B&M lined up for a decent price and several motor packages. i wanted to purchase the hullseperatey. and put it together myself. i have open windows of 1-2 hours three days a week and i can still run my business. this yo yo wants to sell me the 236 for 2,500 over kelly blue book (priced with a 401-500 hp) with no motor. if you are paying this much this shyat is supposed to be and enjoyable experience. I am ready to say screw eliminator all together. there are better deals out there for a comparable boat.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:39 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Often, you actually end up spending more trying to put something together than if you had bought the boat complete. Not always, but you must have your sources set up. I was able to do it though the board, back when the ads were free. There is no way I could do it today. There just isn't enough stuff for sale here.

Quick Reply: Rigging

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.