From props to oil?? >

From props to oil??

Notices

From props to oil??

Old 09-16-2004, 11:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question From props to oil??

I have a '04 Formula 292 w/6.2's and labbded 28pitch b1's. They seem to slip alot at low cruise(3200-3600 rpm) and in lower mid range. Is this normal for this boat due to high x dim. Is there a better prop for this boat, 5 blade? Has anyone experimented with the props turning in? How about drive spacers to lower prop into water? Also whats the latest opinon on oil? I have used Valvoline racing formula 40 to 50wt for years in race cars with great success(600-700hp). Do most use multi viscosity or synthetic? I'm sur these questions have been asked hundreds of times, just looking for lastest thoughts. Thanks
Old 09-17-2004, 06:05 AM
Registered

Default Re: From props to oil??

Call Huston Propella , They Sent Me A Set Of 30's For My 292 And Solved My Problem With Blow Out
Old 09-17-2004, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

txracer, You are experiencing a typical condition with lab finished Bravo 1 props. To get a little on the top end you usually have to give it up in the low to mid range. When manufacturers raise the prop shaft to gain speed this brings on many potential other issues which more often than not are not addressed. Manufactures pay very little for Bravo 1 props. To put 5 blade props on would cost them 2-3 times the cost of a Bravo 1 prop.

We have found that a 5 blade propeller solves many of the issues that 4 blade props have, in many cases without a top end penalty. As drive heights get higher it's necessary to go with more blades. Thats why the 5 and 6 blade props have become so popular. 5 blade props are now mainstream, they are not a novelty anymore. Even the 6 blade props are becomming more popular for poker run and pleasure boaters.

If you would like more specific information call us and with more details about your boat we would be able to give you some options as to what the best and most cost effective route to go may be to meet your goals.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:52 AM
Registered

I can't tell you much about the oil,but on the props you should not have to give up any midrange on labbed finished props ,I would say it 's a matter of what was done to the previous props???? let's talk rpm's and the other performance .You may need a 1'' spacer possibly a 1'1'/2 but we may be able to solve the propblem with just another set of props or re working yours.Give me a call when you can and lets PROPTALK.

TOLL FREE 1-877-580-7767 Darin