Konrad Outdrives >

Konrad Outdrives

Notices

Konrad Outdrives

Old 11-11-2004, 02:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Konrad Outdrives

I have been considering using a set of Konrad drives on a new boat that I am setting up. 37' cat with 1k h.p. motors. What are your opinions on this setup? What are the pros, cons, etc... of the Konrad drive? I am unfamiliar with them with the exception of information picked up here and there. I would love to go with a #6, but $ is limited on this project. Will a Konrad be sufficient? How much H.P. do they eat? Any special considerations that I need to be aware of prior to making my decision?

Thanks,
BB572
Old 11-11-2004, 06:09 AM
Registered

Default Re: Konrad Outdrives

Surface drives out of the question? As far as reliability, Arnisons (sp) have a great rep!
Old 11-11-2004, 06:47 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe that they only warrantee them up to 750hp. I was amazed at how beefy the shafts were inside however. I am sure that Biggus will chime in on this one. He has a LOT of time testing and working with them. I think he also got their new speedmaster lowers but has not tested them. I will say that they look cool as hell.

Jon
Old 11-11-2004, 01:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Canada Jeff
Surface drives out of the question? As far as reliability, Arnisons (sp) have a great rep!
I have considered Arnesons, but I am not a big fan of having a huge cleaver sit that far off of the back of the boat with no protection. I am going to be using this boat on Havasu, at times, and I am afraid of someone getting hurt on the props. I have considered the Imco 4x4, but with the problems with customer service that people have been having, I am going to pass. Not excited about spending the money for a #6 so I am looking for other options and I am wondering if the Konrad will hold up. I have popped too many drives as of this point in time, and I am over it! I want something that is going to last and be reliable.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm extremely pleased with my Konrads, running 700 hp blower motors, put 110 hrs on the new drives with no problems at all.

They have been tested behind 1200 hp without failure but they were not designed to handle that much torque.

My thoughts are if you want drives that can handle 1000 hp reliably, there is only one option and that is the mighty Speedmaster VI.

Kurt

Last edited by Biggus; 11-11-2004 at 03:34 PM.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:08 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You have not told us what type of boat you are planning upon building.

37' Cat, is this a Talon?
Old 11-11-2004, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
I believe that they only warrantee them up to 750hp. I was amazed at how beefy the shafts were inside however. I am sure that Biggus will chime in on this one. He has a LOT of time testing and working with them. I think he also got their new speedmaster lowers but has not tested them. I will say that they look cool as hell.
Jon
lets see some pictures of their speedmaster lowers

Ernie
Old 11-11-2004, 06:01 PM
Registered

rookie here need help looking at 2 boats one 89 with stock 415hp and trs drives one 1993 with 5to 550 hp and bravo 1 s both apx.32fts and same cond. and hours on scarab one fountian which would be more reliable outdrive here good and bad of both please give some insight
Old 11-11-2004, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rookie2: you might have better luck getting answers if you start a fresh thread. I'm a fan of TRS drives. They use more HP than bravos, so they are not as fast, and parts will start to get hard to find someday, but they are stronger than bravos, and very user-friendly. 550HP through a bravo is using up a lot of it's capacity.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:12 PM
Registered

thank you i have heard that about weight and h p not looking to race want something dependable can bravos take 550 or better hp compared to trs with 415 hp or will i be in the yard more than on the river ?

Quick Reply: Konrad Outdrives

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.