ECU Interface >

ECU Interface

Notices

ECU Interface

Old 11-19-2004, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU Interface

I have a 1989 25' Checkmate convincor. Originally had carbureted 454. Recently built a 502 EFI up from the crank with all new everything including Severe Duty valves, roller rockers, enhanced cam recommended by Dean Nickerson, etc., in anticipation of adding a Stage I procharger., should run about 5 lbs . of boost. The EFI system is stock. This is my first exposure to EFI and I want to have access to the control module parameters. I have not run the engine yet. I intend to put 10-20 hours on the new engine in stock configuration before adding the Procharger, which I already have.

1) What sort of interface hardware and software will I need to access the controller?
How do you make the connection? In the controller box?

2) I also have the recommended high volume electric fuel pump and boost referenced pressure regulator which I will add with the Procharger. Will I need to change EFI control parameters when I make the upgrade? Can I do this with the above referenced hardware / software combination or does this need to be done by an outside party?

All input is greatly appreciated.
Thanx,
Dave C.
Old 11-19-2004, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts
Default Re: ECU Interface

contact MARK BOOS at PRECISION MARINE. he has ecms in stock. see my signature.eric