Lost Prop in Key West

Notices

Lost Prop in Key West

Old 12-01-2004, 07:47 AM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost Prop in Key West

As many of you already know, JT and I lost a propeller with 2 1/2 laps left to go in Sunday's KW race. Before I could get divers to recover the prop, John received an anonymous call from a man stating that he had the prop and would sell it back to us. However, he would not leave his name or phone number. He only stated that he worked in an auto body shop in Miami. If anyone knows who this individual is, please contact him and ask that he get in touch with John again in order that we can negotiate the return of our prop. John's telephone number at TNT Custom Marine is 305-931-3157.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:51 AM
Registered

Default Re: Lost Prop in Key West

Originally Posted by KiloKat
As many of you already know, JT and I lost a propeller with 2 1/2 laps left to go in Sunday's KW race. Before I could get divers to recover the prop, John received an anonymous call from a man stating that he had the prop and would sell it back to us. However, he would not leave his name or phone number. He only stated that he worked in an auto body shop in Miami. If anyone knows who this individual is, please contact him and ask that he get in touch with John again in order that we can negotiate the return of our prop. John's telephone number at TNT Custom Marine is 305-931-3157.

my .02 hes just talking smack to get some money from you guys...i dont really think he got the prop.. just my .02
Old 12-01-2004, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will put some feelers out in the area. I will let you know what I come up with.

Julie
Old 12-01-2004, 08:17 AM
Don Adams

Dave I was on the pier at sunset key and seen the prop go in the air about 75 to 100 yards south and around 100 ft from shore it would be shallow enough water to be sean from the surface.

Old 12-01-2004, 08:37 AM
Registered

SOME PEOPLE ARE SCUM IF HE'D JUSt GAVE IT BACK TO START I'M POSITIVE HE WOULD OF GOT A REWARD OF SOME SORT. I'd been happy jus to help.
If you're out there do the right thing.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Dave,
We were on the pier as well and saw it go into the water. I doubt this helps...but I remember seeing a smaller, white, center console that was in that general area watching the races. I'll go through my pictures and see if I have their picture!!!

I'm the guy that had the video on my digital camera of you and Callen coming by the pier, that I showed you in the pit's after the race. And a friend of mine is the guy that caught the picture of the prop in the same picture as your boat!!! Has he sent you a copy yet??

(Don, did I meet you?) and was that not the most amazing place to watch the race from, or what?? What an AWESOME experince!!!! Crazy but FUN!!!!
Old 12-01-2004, 05:00 PM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Originally Posted by FunHome
I'm the guy that had the video on my digital camera of you and Callen coming by the pier, that I showed you in the pit's after the race. And a friend of mine is the guy that caught the picture of the prop in the same picture as your boat!!! Has he sent you a copy yet??
No, he hasn't emailed it yet. Hopeful that he will though. I definitely would like to have that shot in my 2004 scrapbook!
Old 12-01-2004, 05:24 PM
Registered

Klaatu, We are talking about the pier on Sunset Key (the little island across the harbor)
Kilokat, I'll check on the picture....I've been out of town for the past week in Arizona, and last I heard was he was trying to see if any of the magazines wanted it.

Here are the pictures that I could find.........
Old 12-01-2004, 05:28 PM
Registered

Boats in, top left of picture....This is looking towards the island (kinda)
Attached Thumbnails Lost Prop in Key West-kif_2224.jpg  
Old 12-01-2004, 05:30 PM
Registered

Boats is other direction
Attached Thumbnails Lost Prop in Key West-kif_2160.jpg   Lost Prop in Key West-kif_2161.jpg  

Quick Reply: Lost Prop in Key West

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.