Notices

Fusioncoat?

Old 12-10-2004, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Fusioncoat?

Is All Of This Eddie Marine Fusion Coat This Bad? They Advertise It As A Powdercoat,but It Is Soft And Scratches And Peels Very Easily?i Guess I Will Have To Have It All Striped And Coated For Real.i Was Just Wondering If Anyone Else Had This Problem,thanks.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:57 PM
Registered

Default Re: Fusioncoat?

it sure bubbles up when it gets really hot not the beststuff out there. I stripped mine and painted them.
Attached Images  
Old 12-10-2004, 08:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TINO160
Is All Of This Eddie Marine Fusion Coat This Bad? They Advertise It As A Powdercoat,but It Is Soft And Scratches And Peels Very Easily?i Guess I Will Have To Have It All Striped And Coated For Real.i Was Just Wondering If Anyone Else Had This Problem,thanks.
What did you buy that was 'fusion' coated, that was bad?

I can tell you that I bought some press on billet pulleys from EMI, and they are a LOOSE fit, no where near a press fit. I called them, and they claimed that all their pulleys measured the same. These are a SLIP FIT, and were for the seawater pump as well as the power steering pump!! These will never work....So, I had to go buy Hardin pulleys for these...

Did you talk to Ken at EMI? He is who they sent me to. He had no clue.

With my experience, I have found that EMI is hit or miss. They carry some things that are good (their crossover and thermostat housing with bypass that I bought is nice), but they have many problematic items...

It's a shame.
Kent
Old 12-13-2004, 08:17 PM
daboatman1

FYI, I have had my Eddie marine manifolds for 3 yrs thus far. And they still look like new. Mine are black in color. Don't no if color is a variable. Maybe they had a production problem ??? I guess I got lucky.

Old 12-14-2004, 08:00 AM
Registered

I have always had good experiences with their fusion coat service. They are very reasonably priced and have no problem working on other manufacturer's parts.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:30 PM
Registered

I have also had great results with the fusioncoated stuff. Sent them LOTS of parts and it came back flawless. Grab handles, cleats, guage bezels, trim pieces, vents, engine hatch ram mounts, etc. All very nicely done and reasonable prices.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:35 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had my grab rails done a couple years ago still look great!
Old 12-14-2004, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

most likely bad prep...it is hard for powder to stick to a smooth surface like polished aluminum....there are other options