Exhaust Question >

Exhaust Question

Notices

Exhaust Question

Old 02-03-2005, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Question

Do the CMI E-Tops and the Sport Tubes like on the new 525's line up the same (exhaust holes) Ive got my 500efi's out right now and was debating between whippling or just doing heads & cam package. I know if I use the blower the etops will be fine, but without a blower the sport tubes should help quite a bit. Do you think the tailpipes off the stock 500s will work with the Sport Tubes? Sorry for the dumb questions, Im just not very technically able. Thanks
Old 02-03-2005, 11:19 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Exhaust Question

Originally Posted by GLENNS
Do the CMI E-Tops and the Sport Tubes like on the new 525's line up the same (exhaust holes) Ive got my 500efi's out right now and was debating between whippling or just doing heads & cam package. I know if I use the blower the etops will be fine, but without a blower the sport tubes should help quite a bit. Do you think the tailpipes off the stock 500s will work with the Sport Tubes? Sorry for the dumb questions, Im just not very technically able. Thanks

Not 100% sure but if it is a bravo set up ,Its is a standard exhaust location.

Why would you change the one that came on ,CMI says there good to 750hp and I have seen more on them . They say the water mixing at the tail pipes is 25 hp.

The HP difference on the heads and cam vs Whipple is about 150 hp. Ck with Dock Holliday he just did the heads and rebuild and made some good power

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:02 PM
Registered

Thanks Strip,
The reason I was thinking about swapping was I was told the Etops did not scavenge nearly as well as the 525 exhaust. That the ETOPS would work just fine on any blower application, but with a NA engine would have a hard time making much more Hp on the 500 without really turning up the rpms.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:54 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Thanks Strip,
The reason I was thinking about swapping was I was told the Etops did not scavenge nearly as well as the 525 exhaust. That the ETOPS would work just fine on any blower application, but with a NA engine would have a hard time making much more Hp on the 500 without really turning up the rpms.

What kinda hp you looking for???

Old 02-04-2005, 07:06 PM
Registered

If I could end up between 600 and 675 I would be happy. Obviously the whipple will get me more than that, but just running bravos so I need to be somewhat cautious. I was even thinking if I whipple it of turning down the boost to only make 650 to 675. Ive never had ANY drive problems so Im trying to keep it that way. The engine builder I was talking to said the ETOPS on a NA setup would be the limiting factor. What are your thoughts?
Old 02-04-2005, 07:43 PM
Rob
VIP Member

With doing the heads and a stroker kit I think you could be in that range . but your back up what thewhipple would be .

Dock got a little over 600 just on heads and no ecm mods.and cheap!

Old 02-04-2005, 07:51 PM
Registered

Thanks Strip I will pm dock and ask him about it. Who did it Tyler Crockett? Is there a thread on it? I know both TMP and Pfaff have 500efi pkgs out there that they say will get you about 600hp but your right about being about where you would be with a Whipple. In most of what I have read a true 600 out of a 500 efi isnt happening without a blower but what the hell do I know!!! I appreciate your feedback Strip THANKS
Old 02-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Thanks Strip I will pm dock and ask him about it. Who did it Tyler Crockett? Is there a thread on it? I know both TMP and Pfaff have 500efi pkgs out there that they say will get you about 600hp but your right about being about where you would be with a Whipple. In most of what I have read a true 600 out of a 500 efi isnt happening without a blower but what the hell do I know!!! I appreciate your feedback Strip THANKS
Dock is over just over 600 with heads.

Old 02-04-2005, 08:10 PM
Registered

Come On Man I Need Details
Old 03-01-2005, 10:06 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

Glenn I am not sure about the EFI set up but KE did some 502 for me a few years ago and we bolted on Canfield heads, hyd roller, Brodix int with an 850 and KE's exhaust and made 620 at 5600. All bolt on equipment. They were a nice motor.