Piston Sprayers

Notices

Piston Sprayers

Old 02-09-2005, 12:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piston Sprayers

I would appreciate hearing pros and cons for using piston sprayers.The cranks are 4.75,rods 6.635,oil pump is 5stage,suction is 10 inches,valve sring oilers and .006 clearance on coated pistons.Also, the wrist pins are DLCcoated.The rev limiters are 6,000 rpm.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Piston Sprayers

I wish you would have posted yesterday I just delivered a block that we machined for oilers and roller cam bearings and 903 lifter bores I don't run them on the poker run engines and hardly ever on the race engines what I mostly run them on are the sprint car and stock car engines with small pin and rod packages and short pistons. If your running a dry sump I would go in that direction your going to see benefit in ring wear pin and rod bushing wear and also in extreme exhaust temp conditions in the 1500 to 1600 degrees it gives you protection. Good luck Laz Mesa
Old 02-09-2005, 02:12 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MESABALANCING
I wish you would have posted yesterday I just delivered a block that we machined for oilers and roller cam bearings and 903 lifter bores I don't run them on the poker run engines and hardly ever on the race engines what I mostly run them on are the sprint car and stock car engines with small pin and rod packages and short pistons. If your running a dry sump I would go in that direction your going to see benefit in ring wear pin and rod bushing wear and also in extreme exhaust temp conditions in the 1500 to 1600 degrees it gives you protection. Good luck Laz Mesa
Laz your talking about roller cam bearings .like the Inrad Crower cams?

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:10 PM
Banned

JE has come out with some new piston designs for blown applications that require the use of piston oilers for the pin area/ skirt area. They have found some power with this new design. We have also seen an increase in oil pans with oilers.

Chris
Old 02-09-2005, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
Laz your talking about roller cam bearings .like the Inrad Crower cams?

Rob
Rob roller cam bearings like you remove the babbitted cam bearning and you bore the cam tunnel and use a needle bearing like on the two stroke stuff and the oilers I'm talking about are the ones were you machine the main saddle and control the oil spray with carb air bleeds to the bottom of the piston not the piston oilers that the piston manufactureres have been doing for years this is a direct oil spray on to the bottom of the piston head specially for cooling purpose
Attached Thumbnails Piston Sprayers-hpim0277.jpg  
Old 02-09-2005, 05:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Laz,have you seen much pressure drop with needle cam bearings?How do you feel about lifter bushings?and,what about solid push rods? In case someone is considering piston oilers,you may want to ask laz before you do!
Old 02-09-2005, 05:55 PM
Rob
VIP Member

You dont find many people doing this ,just the higher end guys Crower cals theres Inrad cams.

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/69618/

Laz spraying oil on the bottom of the piston must be for endurance race only motors ?

Old 02-09-2005, 07:02 PM
Banned

Yeah, kinda like the Pro Stock stuff, cage needle bearings for mains and no bearings on the rod throws.

Chris
Old 02-09-2005, 07:12 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Chris are you with B&B or Canton?

Old 02-09-2005, 07:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
Chris are you with B&B or Canton?
B&B, Joe Stef bought B&B 7 years ago. So B&B are out of the same facility in Lakewood, NJ. I work from home in TN.

Chris

Quick Reply: Piston Sprayers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.