Need A Good Prop!!!! >

Need A Good Prop!!!!

Notices

Need A Good Prop!!!!

Old 03-13-2005, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need A Good Prop!!!!

I Am Trying To Find Out What Would Be The Best Prop For A 1994 24' Baja Outlaw W/ A 454 Mag......i Want Something That Will Give Me A Better Hole Shot. I Know The Prop I Have Now Is A 24...but I Do Not Know What Brand. Thanks For Any Help.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:01 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts
Default Re: Need A Good Prop!!!!

A Bravo 1 prop will greatly improve hole shot and cruise speed on a 24 outlaw. It will also cost you about 3mph on the top end.

The fastest prop is a labbed 23" Mirage plus. you would need to run a 22" Bravo 1 Prop.
You could also try one Houston Props Accelerator designs. They are supposed to have a better holeshot, cruise speed and top end than Mirage plus.

BTW, I had a 93' 24 Outlaw with 454 mag.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:19 AM
Registered

Thanks Griff...i Am Going To Give Houston Props A Call. Do You Have A Ballpark Figure On Any Prices? Take Care Bro'.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are your goals? This will help you to narrow in a propeller.

The Bravo I 4B works very well on your boat. The performance and handling are much improved over the Mirage Plus, although the Mirage Plus will be about 1.5 knots faster than the 4B.

Julie
Old 03-14-2005, 09:36 AM
Registered

Re: Need A Good Prop!!!!

i HAVE A BOX STOCK 23P MIRAGE PLUS FOR $275.00 AND I'LL SHIP IT TO JULIE IF THAT'S THE PROP YOU DECIDE TO GO WITH THEN THEY CAD DIAL YOU I.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have some props you might be interested in.

It's a Chad Hill custom 3-blade 24P x 14" diameter. The diameter is 3/8" smaller than a standard Mirage Plus that lets it rev a little higher and it has some cup added to the blades to help bite while coming up on plane. Prop is in "like new" condition and comes with hub. $250 shipped to your door. Let me know if your interested.

Or, I also have a standard 23P Mirage (non Plus). Like new, $225 shipped to your door.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by throttleup
What are your goals? This will help you to narrow in a propeller.

The Bravo I 4B works very well on your boat. The performance and handling are much improved over the Mirage Plus, although the Mirage Plus will be about 1.5 knots faster than the 4B.

Julie
I want a prop that will help me plane out faster without losing any top end. Will the mirage help on hole shot as well as on top end? i am runnig about 57 mph on the 24 pitch 3b i have now. I want more speed!!!!!
Old 03-14-2005, 03:00 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Might help, might not. We have no way of knowing how slow you are at getting on plane. Also don't know exactly what prop you you have now. Most all props are a comprimise at one point or another. I can say that 57mph is 2-3mph slower than a 23" Mirage Plus with your power. Are you trimming it all the way up till you stop gaining mph??? 24 Outlaws like a lot of trim. Use trailer up button for a little more if you have to.
I'm guessing your best comprimise will be a labbed Bravo 1 4 blade. It will get on plane much faster and will actually probably be faster than your current prop.

What is your current wot rpm????
That engine is best run right at 5000rpms.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:46 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Remember, the more you talk about hole-shot the more you are drifting the line of IF / WHEN your drive breaks on you, from IF toward WHEN.

Prop your boat best for your top end. Leave it there. Pamper your throttle. Treat it like there is an egg on the back side of it. It will pay off in the long run.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:14 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

In his defense, 24 Outlaws are WAY slow to get on plane. Don't hammer it all at once, but with 4 people in the boat and full tank, and a Mirage Plus you've pretty much got to go to WOT to get the boat to plane over.

My pantera will plane out twice as fast with less bow rise and less throttle than my 24 OL did.

Quick Reply: Need A Good Prop!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.