Free Air / Infinite Baffle Subs >

Free Air / Infinite Baffle Subs

Notices

Free Air / Infinite Baffle Subs

Old 04-04-2005, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Free Air / Infinite Baffle Subs

I have dismantled my system once again and would like to add a pair of 10" subs. An enclosure may be a problem due to space limitations. I would like some feedback on clarion, rockford, kicker, etc. free air subwoofers. Anyone have any experience? Have you mounted them under the seat, in the gunwales, in the cabin? Have an old 311 and the underside of the rear seat is max 11" (which makes a 10" enclosure very problematic). Thanks.

Last edited by SeaWeasel; 04-04-2005 at 04:06 PM.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:15 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts
Default Re: Free Air / Infinite Baffle Subs

My buddy has some kicker free airs under the back seat in his 38 Powerquest.....sounds great for a factory installed system. I believe they are the 12's and it uses the storage compartment as the box.

It also depends on how creative you want to get with you system. When i had my scarab i gutted the entire base of the back seat and used the sub box's for the supports. I has 4 infinity perfect 10's under it and it slammed wit a PG 1000watt amp

In a 28 Cig i did a single 15" sub under the seat cause that all we had room for. It is in a fully sealed box and the sub faces the floor with a 1" opening facing into the cabin.....people are amazed thats its only a single sub! the always try and look into the cabin thinking theres more hidden somewhere

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!

Last edited by Wally; 12-28-2006 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the 1" gap under the seat works great? That is great news for me since I just finished this box last month and have been waiting for good weather to go install it and try it out!! COOL!!
Attached Thumbnails Free Air / Infinite Baffle Subs-01-feb-05-002-resize.jpg   Free Air / Infinite Baffle Subs-01-feb-05-009-resize.jpg  
Old 04-05-2005, 09:06 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

Yes as long as you have enough room under it to let the subs get full travel extension then you are good to go

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!