No center pod

Notices

No center pod

Old 08-30-2005, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: No center pod

Fellow Awesome Owners__

Contact me with you name, address, phone #, and a picture of your boat and I will send you a free commemorative addition Awesome t-shirt and bandanna/do-rag. Also, please include your size. As for the owners gathering, there still several weeks of warm weather at LOTO. I welcome you all to stay in my waterfront condo for a weekend of debauchery .

Dan cell# 314-496-6701
Old 08-31-2005, 09:24 AM
Registered

COUNT ME IN DAN................
Old 08-31-2005, 06:50 PM
Registered

Dan, Send Me Your Email, So I Could Send You A Picture Of My Awsome Cat . John
Old 08-31-2005, 08:05 PM
Registered

John-
Thanks for the reply. My e-mail address is [email protected] . Please include your address and other info so that I can send you a commemorative edition t-shirt etc. I'm somewhat computer illiterate but I will have my associate put photos of my ride on OSO within the next +/-2 weeks. It is very encouraging to see that my Awesome family's enthusiasm mirrors mine. Dan
Old 09-01-2005, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Dan, I certainly welcome and I am engouraged by your level of commitment when you purchased the Awesome Powerboat company.

Last edited by ROTAX454; 08-06-2007 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:38 PM
Registered

here is my baby
Attached Thumbnails No center pod-awsome-cat-017.jpg  
Old 09-03-2005, 07:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Daniel Mintz
John-
Thanks for the reply. My e-mail address is [email protected] . Please include your address and other info so that I can send you a commemorative edition t-shirt etc. I'm somewhat computer illiterate but I will have my associate put photos of my ride on OSO within the next +/-2 weeks. It is very encouraging to see that my Awesome family's enthusiasm mirrors mine. Dan
Yes Dan, The enthusiasm is alive and well within the Awesome family. I have talked to three current owners that are in different stages of rebuilds. I am really looking forward to the 2006 season. A pic of the new McLeod interior bolster seats. Old dash still in place.

Last edited by ROTAX454; 08-06-2007 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RJBBC
This past weekend I saw a 26 Awesome Cat at our local lake. I noticed that it was a true cat, no center pod. Most of the cats I have seen that size have center pods. Just curious to hear from 26 Awesome Cat owners how these boats handle. The boat looked great sitting in the water. I noticed it had a fairly large door to the cabin area and a deck hatch. Is there really a cabin down there?

Didn't mean to hijack your thread RJBBC. Yes, the Awesome hull design is a true tunnel. Not picking on any other cat hulls, but several other manufacturers utilize a center pod design for different purposes. The center pod varies in design (width, length and depth). Does the center pod slow the speed of the boat? Yes and No. It does affect the overall handling of the boat. Correct me if I am wrong, but one of the center pods main purpose is to combat porpoising.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by ROTAX454
Didn't mean to hijack your thread RJBBC. Yes, the Awesome hull design is a true tunnel. Not picking on any other cat hulls, but several other manufacturers utilize a center pod design for different purposes. The center pod varies in design (width, length and depth). Does the center pod slow the speed of the boat? Yes and No. It does affect the overall handling of the boat. Correct me if I am wrong, but one of the center pods main purpose is to combat porpoising.
Thanks for the insight. Because the 26 does not have a center pod, does it porpoise at certain speeds? I am told a center pod on a 26 can also enhance turning characteristics, lessons the outside lean at speeds less than 45mph while on plane. We saw two good looking 26 Awesome Cats at the Shootout this year, but they were both idling around Shooters 21 during the race. Would of loved to see one run in the race, maybe next year.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:48 AM

Also wanted to share an observation from the Shootout. If your driving a 26 ft. boat down the Shootout 2 mile course at WOT the cats were much faster than the Vs (as expected) and appeared more stable(surprised in the dramatic difference in stability).

Quick Reply: No center pod

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.