talking  to all awsome cat owner's >

talking to all awsome cat owner's

Notices

talking to all awsome cat owner's

Old 09-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile talking to all awsome cat owner's

Tell us what kind of awesome cat you own and power, speed, drives... what ever your thinking ... wondering how many cat owners are out there????????

Last edited by vendetta; 09-08-2005 at 06:41 PM.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:17 PM
Registered

Default Re: talking to all awsome cat owner's

I have the 270 in the classifieds. I am currently running a 496 cu in engine w/ a B&M 420. My upgraded bravo was stolen this summer so I just updated the drive to an XR w/ an Imco low water p/u lower. My stern drive tech talked me into the upgrade and recommended that I also add the H.P. Gimbel and add a drive temp. gauge. I used to get 109 out of it but now it is 100-104. I had the engine "de-tuned' two years ago after watching a friend sit out for two months while his "super-trick" engine was being rebuilt, AGAIN!!! I will gladly give up a few mph for reliability! I love this boat, but I am expanding my business and need to close out the boat loan before more funding. I am trying to get the company set than I will search and buy another Awesome.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:16 AM
Registered

there is no difference between 104 to 109, the boat is fast . I would do the same thing unless I was racing.

Last edited by vendetta; 09-05-2005 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

Well I have a 38ft awesome, last boat to be glassed up before the Jones bought the company, I love the boat, true tunnel runs great in the big water(Lake Michigan) running 700HP N/A motors, bravo drives 1:36 to 1 ratio, 32 pitch labbed props, at 5600 to 6000 RPMs (depending on the competition) absolutly love it. Crusing speed is 78 mph at 4000 rpm. top speed 113. plenty of room for overnight stays. Eats up the waves at 10,000 LBS dry. running 10.5 to 1 compression, with very extensive head work, lightning headers, ultradyne cams, and 1271 CFM carbs looking forward to getting to know the NEW AWESOME OWNERSHIP, and fellow awesome owners, I have owned the boat since it was made, only has 100 hours on it !
Old 09-06-2005, 04:49 PM
Registered

Abones, SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE THE MAN ... POST PHOTOS OF YOUR AWESOME CAT... LOVE TO SEE IT!

Last edited by vendetta; 09-06-2005 at 07:09 PM.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

Well I'm not a gold member with oso so I can't attach any pictures(or open any) bummer!!! but I can e-mail them to you if you want?? also where is LOTO?? I'm not very knowlegable with the different lakes/and boating clubs. We boat in Lake Michigan, and sometimes trailor it to Lake Havasu AZ.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by abones
Well I'm not a gold member with oso so I can't attach any pictures(or open any) bummer!!! but I can e-mail them to you if you want?? also where is LOTO?? I'm not very knowlegable with the different lakes/and boating clubs. We boat in Lake Michigan, and sometimes trailor it to Lake Havasu AZ.
Would like to see some pics of your boat. [email protected]
I will send you a bunch of my project boat pics. Interesting on when your boat was built. Jim Sr. then built your boat. Let me guess, a late 99 or 2000 model? You should trailer your boat over to Erie or St.Clair. Perhaps for the Offshore races next year on the St.Clair River? I will be there with one of the best seats in the house--------errr on my boat.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:12 PM
Registered

I have a 98 26awesome 840HP I have gone 110mph but kept breaking drives.I now have a Bmax it has 1.30gears so my prop setup is mess up for now.I will go 110 soon!
Old 09-06-2005, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 2003 26' FX that I bought brand new last year with no power. I just finished it. I have a 558 C.I. Merlin / 620 H.P. on Dyno. I'm running an XR Drive with H.P. Gimble 1.5 Gear ratio with a 1 1/2" Spacer. The boat runs 85 M.P.H. on G.P.S. - I have it set up fo an M-3 Procharger that I will have instralled by the end of this month. I'm looking foreword to see how it will run. I love the boat. I was just down at L.O.T.O. and it loves the rough water. I'm still experimenting with drive spacers - Any info would help.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Duffer
I have a 2003 26' FX that I bought brand new last year with no power. I just finished it. I have a 558 C.I. Merlin / 620 H.P. on Dyno. I'm running an XR Drive with H.P. Gimble 1.5 Gear ratio with a 1 1/2" Spacer. The boat runs 85 M.P.H. on G.P.S. - I have it set up fo an M-3 Procharger that I will have instralled by the end of this month. I'm looking foreword to see how it will run. I love the boat. I was just down at L.O.T.O. and it loves the rough water. I'm still experimenting with drive spacers - Any info would help.
Duffer, Glad to see another Awesome owner. Try looking up the outdrive length and spacer thread on the American Offshore forum. Great information reading. If you don't already know precisely what your X dimension is, measure your hull versus the prop shaft. You may be abit to high with your 1-1/2" spacer. Check with Julie at Throttle-Up on some prop suggestions. She needs a good baseline amount of information BEFORE you contact her. I.E., max RPM, speed, X dimension, boat handling, etc. Hey, where are your boat pics?

Quick Reply: talking to all awsome cat owner's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.