Notices

New Owner

Old 10-30-2005, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New Owner

I bought my trailer for my 31 awesome from manning trailers actually I bought it thru jim jones at awesome but i'm sure you can contact them and they are familiar with the boat .
Old 10-31-2005, 09:25 PM
Registered

Catman 1- Please give me a call at 314-496-6701 concerning the trailer. I am very happy to help you. Also, please feel to free to call if you need any advice or assistance with boat issues. Thanks, Dan
Old 11-03-2005, 11:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Daniel Mintz
Catman 1- Please give me a call at 314-496-6701 concerning the trailer. I am very happy to help you. Also, please feel to free to call if you need any advice or assistance with boat issues. Thanks, Dan
I briefly had a Manning (steel) trailer for my 31. Pulled straight and secure. Liked the stabil feeling that it gave me while pulling the boat. Didn't like the heavy weight. It did feel that way too when pulling it. Also, did not like the height as which the boat sat on the trailer. I little too tall.

I now have an all aluminum trailer. Light. The lesser weight really show up when pulling it. The lower height as which the boat sits on the trailer gave me alittle more secure feeling of a lower center of gavity when pulling the boat. Down side is the amount of flex in the trailer when towing. You can feel it while driving/pulling the loaded trailer.

Also. Get rid of that lousy bunk carpet. I went to the nylon boat sliders. The Best!!!!! My humble .02
Old 11-04-2005, 06:44 AM
Registered

It is imperative that the trailer be constructed to fit your specific boat. If not, damage to the boat may occur--i.e.,stress cracks, warped hull and structural damage.

I prefer a rigid trailer. I'm concerned that trailer flex may cause point loads on the hull which results in the damages stated above.

As for the bunks, be certain they are wide enough and long enough to support the boat and transmit the stresses generated from towing. Furthermore, they must follow the angle and slope of the tunnel. I also suggest side bunks to reduce the lateral stress on the sponsons. Keep the bunks clean and check for protruding screws and fastening devices.

I have no experience with nylon bunk material and thus cannot comment. Carpet is the industry norm but be sure it is color fast. I've seen hulls stained by carpet.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two big reasons why I went with the aluminum trailer. I understand your reasons for liking the steel trailer for trailering purposes. I only have to trailer about 5 miles to the water. Also, did not want to deal with rusting and paint issues. As far as fitting the trailer to the boat, I could not agree more. Owen and Sons was supplying Jim with all of the aluminum trailer needs. Manning doing the steel portion. The Owens trailer fits the hull great. No issues. They are at:
http://www.slideon.com/index.html

First class trailer. Disc brakes. Stainless rotors. Aluminum diamond plate fenders. LED lighting. And more.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:49 PM

Let's see some pics of new 26. How soon will it be ready?