Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o25922-en.html

here you go
Old 09-19-2008, 08:34 PM
Registered

Top Speed Update

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
Good to hear there wasn't a problem with it. I do have a speed question though. Some of these guys are claiming mid to high eighties with 500s. How does this one hit 94 with 415s? I'm not bashing the boat, I'm just curious.

I could be interested in the boat, but we'd have to make a heck of a deal on a trade out of mine assuming you're a dealer. Has there been a recent survey done? Are there any more detailed pics of the boat?
THE BOAT DOES A TRUE 90 ON A GOOD DAY,I ADDED SOME MPH TO GET SOME ACTION ON THE BOAT AND MAKE IT STAND OUT,WELL IT WORKED!!THIS BOAT CAME FROM THE ORIGINAL OWNER THAT WAS A NEAT FREAK! HE CLAIMED IT DID 90 AND I ALSO WALKED BY MY FRIENDS SUNSATION THAT DOES 84-86 MPH!
Old 09-19-2008, 11:33 PM
JBBEARD
Gold Member

Joined the 100 MPH club this week !!

Originally Posted by Ran-Dom 32
Richard, my boat has been running great... I already have a pair of imco -2's on my boat, I picked up 3-4 mph, but I'm still using the same props, I have not had a chance to play around with props other than changing the rotation which BTW my boat did not like (I'm back to outward rotation)
just been enjoying the boat
any progress on yours?????
Just installed the shorts and got GPS 103 without problem. expecting a little more when I get the stellings installed but gonna tweak this setup some more. Have 5 blade 30 herrings turning inward with a little toe out which I am gonna correct. got a porpose fron 70-102 which was not on previous setup. hope the toe adjustment helps me get rid of it. The old setup has a porpose from 70-80 then went away using standard imco lowers and 30 inch 4 blade bravos got 92 GPS. I got 11 MPH for 12 grand!
Old 09-20-2008, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jbbeard
Just installed the shorts and got GPS 103 without problem. expecting a little more when I get the stellings installed but gonna tweak this setup some more. Have 5 blade 30 herrings turning inward with a little toe out which I am gonna correct. got a porpose fron 70-102 which was not on previous setup. hope the toe adjustment helps me get rid of it. The old setup has a porpose from 70-80 then went away using standard imco lowers and 30 inch 4 blade bravos got 92 GPS. I got 11 MPH for 12 grand!
Good hearing James that your boat is in the water and you are testing. Cat hop from 70-102 is not good. Sounds to me that you need to have some long discussions with you prop professional. A 10 mph spread is acceptable, not a 30. It would be interesting to see what the ext boxes do for that issue. I have been told that our cats (Chris, OE, Awesome, Vicious) perform better with some drive setback.

Question: Did you have the motors dynoed? If so, what is the rpm spread between the HP and torque peaks? This is very important on prop selection/set-up.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:14 AM
Registered

Richard, my boat has been running great... I already have a pair of imco -2's on my boat, I picked up 3-4 mph, but I'm still using the same props, I have not had a chance to play around with props other than changing the rotation which BTW my boat did not like (I'm back to outward rotation)
just been enjoying the boat
any progress on yours?????
Hey Randy, Been seeing your posted and pics on line. Keep them coming. Am I jealous that your boating and I'm not----------Hell yes (in a good way). I'll bet that 540 sounds soooooooo good. Deep big cube sound. My company was awarded a big contract this year that ate up my summer. Could not pass on the deal. Took the company to a new level. Now that it is almost complete, I will be getting back to working on the boat. My plans are to be ready for 09. I might even haul it down to my parents place in Florida for some early spring testing on the St.Johns river. I will start a "Project Awesome" thread showing a overview of what I have done to the boat to date.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:37 AM
JBBEARD
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ROTAX454
Good hearing James that your boat is in the water and you are testing. Cat hop from 70-102 is not good. Sounds to me that you need to have some long discussions with you prop professional. A 10 mph spread is acceptable, not a 30. It would be interesting to see what the ext boxes do for that issue. I have been told that our cats (Chris, OE, Awesome, Vicious) perform better with some drive setback.

Question: Did you have the motors dynoed? If so, what is the rpm spread between the HP and torque peaks? This is very important on prop selection/set-up.
I have the IMCO 12 inch boxes now and bought the stellings in case need to move the gear up another 2" after I installed The XR drives with the IMCO 2" shorts. I dont know if i need the extra 2" yet untill I finish tweaking the new shortie setup. My motors dynoed at 748 HP and I will have to research the spread you asked about. I noticed in a previous thread you said your boat did not like the inward rotation and want to know more about this as am turning inward now as well as the inadvertent toe in which will be corrected before next run. Hoping to get rid of the porpose. smothed out at 103 but dont like the bouncing from 70 to 102. Tunnel tab? Any advice appreciated. - James 501 590-4745
Old 09-20-2008, 11:54 AM
Registered

Nice, I expect the the speeds will go up again with more height. Additionally the more height will take water off the top surface of the crescent and provide more stern lift by relieving down force on drive. I wouldn't spend much time tweaking now just get the stellings on and tweak then. You may need to move some weight forward to get a good balance.

I will be in LOTO. I will be crewing S111 and driving SVL 10 IMCO. I saw you will be there too with your boat. I would like to meet and see your boat you in person.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:00 PM
Registered

I believe it is possible with a good set up. Most people add power and weight and don't relieve drag. If you relieve drag with same power and weight you go faster.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:26 PM
JBBEARD
Gold Member

Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN
Nice, I expect the the speeds will go up again with more height. Additionally the more height will take water off the top surface of the crescent and provide more stern lift by relieving down force on drive. I wouldn't spend much time tweaking now just get the stellings on and tweak then. You may need to move some weight forward to get a good balance.

I will be in LOTO. I will be crewing S111 and driving SVL 10 IMCO. I saw you will be there too with your boat. I would like to meet and see your boat you in person.
I won' have time for any more tweeking before races. Please call me and come over to see the boat. I have rented the five bedroom house next to the Horney Toad resort where the races are held. I am on the resort property and have a three boat dock. I am bringing two boats so will have a slip open if you visit by water. James 501 590-4745
Old 09-21-2008, 06:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I have the IMCO 12 inch boxes now and bought the stellings in case need to move the gear up another 2" after I installed The XR drives with the IMCO 2" shorts. I dont know if i need the extra 2" yet untill I finish tweaking the new shortie setup. My motors dynoed at 748 HP and I will have to research the spread you asked about. I noticed in a previous thread you said your boat did not like the inward rotation and want to know more about this as am turning inward now as well as the inadvertent toe in which will be corrected before next run. Hoping to get rid of the porpose. smothed out at 103 but dont like the bouncing from 70 to 102. Tunnel tab? Any advice appreciated. - James 501 590-4745
James, I expierenced similar results with the -2 lowers - I had a set of labbed 34 4 blades they were a ***** to get on plane & the boat porposed all the way to 100 as well, I believe what has happend is the boat doesn't have enough leverage to keep th bow up at high speeds... (with the shorties) I went back to stock 32 bravo's turning outward zero toe adjustment this cleaned up most of the porpose problem & to plane the boat is a piece of cake hope this helps stock bravo 4 blades seem to best on my set up

Last edited by Ran-Dom 32; 09-22-2008 at 09:03 PM.

Quick Reply: What's the story on...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.