26fx guys stringer questions. >

26fx guys stringer questions.

Notices

26fx guys stringer questions.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 26fx guys stringer questions.

Ive been setting my boat up since last season and taked to many of you but i talked to a guy with a similar set up bbc with a b&m 420, basically he had issues with his bulk head and stringers breaking and cracking (his boat almost sank).. has any one esle seen any issue with these items or done anything to strengthen them? i was talking to my fiberglass guy, he used to rig race boats and we had discussed boxing out the stringers to add strength. but i am wondering if this is something i should bother doing. im only running a 700hp engine so i guess i would rather fix this now before i have a major problem.- N2ojoe!
Old 04-21-2010, 11:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my brother had a 26 w/1000hp he ran hard for years , at speeds approaching 120, never had any structural issues what so ever, just keep an eye on it, & save your $$
Old 04-22-2010, 08:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ran-Dom 32
my brother had a 26 w/1000hp he ran hard for years , at speeds approaching 120, never had any structural issues what so ever, just keep an eye on it, & save your $$
yea thats what i figured but wanted to get a group opinion.
i think this guy got a boat that was damaged previously and he just had bad luck.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well there has been history of transoms coming apart,stringers and bulkheads breaking and sponsons coming apart,so let your conscious be your guide not your wallet. It may never happen but I redid all of mine.it all depends on who laid up your boat. If it was the lady that worked there than your boat should be bullet proof! But I'd listen to your fiberglass guy
Old 04-28-2010, 10:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by feline frenzy
Well there has been history of transoms coming apart,stringers and bulkheads breaking and sponsons coming apart,so let your conscious be your guide not your wallet. It may never happen but I redid all of mine.it all depends on who laid up your boat. If it was the lady that worked there than your boat should be bullet proof! But I'd listen to your fiberglass guy
yes thanks for the input we are going to redo it this fall dont want any avoidable headaches
Old 04-29-2010, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by n2ojoe
yes thanks for the input we are going to redo it this fall dont want any avoidable headaches
If you wish to haul it over to the Toledo area, give glassdave (here on OSO) a call. Look up on the Skater forum (here on OSO) for the 36 Skater project Dave has been working on. He is one of the best. You will not be disappointed with his work. Worth the time to call him and discuss your needs.