any info on image powerboats 38 cat [alias awesome] >

any info on image powerboats 38 cat [alias awesome]

Notices

any info on image powerboats 38 cat [alias awesome]

Old 07-21-2011, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any info on image powerboats 38 cat [alias awesome]

I hear image is a retool of the awesome cat but is also no longer in business, does anyone own a 2006 or newer image or have any info on them. just bought a 06 with 575 sci's with upgrades, runs 105, handles great esp in rough water, see a lot of potential for more mph.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:31 PM
JKK
Registered

Not retooled, just not rigged complete by Awesome. Those were all left over hulls that were rigged by a third party or the previous company owners who kept a few hulls lying around. Word is some, if not most, of the image hulls were pulled before 1999. The actual hull molds all went to a company in Illinois in 2006, but they have not built any 38's to my knowledge. The triple outboard 38 that was completed in 2003 was the last factory built 38 finished as far as I know. All the others after that were unfinished hulls of the company owner prior to the Illinois deal, or hulls kept by the previous company owner to him. I believe mine was the last, factory complete, 38 Awesome with inboards and was completed in late fall of 2002.

But hey that's just what I heard..........

Some of these other guys seem to be more in the "know" than I and can probably tell you more, my info is strictly from the rumor mill. Try asking Sparky; word is he knows everything about these boats.

One thing that is nice to hear is that you have a 38 and that you like the way it runs, I too am in that group, although we seem to be small in numbers....

JK
Old 11-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Registered

Well image was the name before they became awesome.he is correct about awesome molds going south but jim clem the original owner did start building new image hulls bjt he sold the molds to som e guys i know, i have the last awesome built supposedly? 2004.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKK
The triple outboard 38 that was completed in 2003 was the last factory built 38 finished as far as I know.

JK
You are correct on the boat. "Warcat" to be exact. I believe that the hull was started in 2003. This boat was completed minus the outboard rigging and the motors, and left Awesome in May or June of 2004. Pics were taken in March 2004.
Attached Thumbnails any info on image powerboats 38 cat [alias awesome]-38-windshield.jpg   any info on image powerboats 38 cat [alias awesome]-38-side-storage-door.jpg  
Old 11-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by feline frenzy
i have the last awesome built supposedly? 2004.
Gary, You and I have discussed this subject manner regarding your 31. Found pictures showing a new 31, complete including the paint work but minus the motors or outdrives. Looks like the engine hatch and sunpad are missing too. Opps, think I know were they went. Maybe this is the second to last 31 hull? Pics taken in March of 2004.
Attached Thumbnails any info on image powerboats 38 cat [alias awesome]-38-console-windshield.jpg   any info on image powerboats 38 cat [alias awesome]-38-dash-windshield.jpg   any info on image powerboats 38 cat [alias awesome]-38-side-storage-door.jpg  

Old 11-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Registered

Senza, Ditto what Jeff stated about contacting Sparky Olsen.

Here is a thread he responded to. Post #2. Great guy and very knowledgable.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/o...-oil-pans.html
Old 11-05-2011, 11:03 PM
Registered

Default 38 awesome/image

thanks for the info, will follow up on sparky olson, who else has a 38 would like to compare notes
Old 11-11-2011, 02:02 PM
JKK
Registered

Originally Posted by senza
thanks for the info, will follow up on sparky olson, who else has a 38 would like to compare notes
Here are the notes on mine, Powerboat tested my boat when it was completed in November of 2002

>
By: Mark Rotharmel
>
When big water and high winds slow others down, it's great to have a boat designed for the job. This is a 38 foot signature built by Awesome Power Boats. A spectacular cat, said to be fast and luxurious and designed for the discriminating performance boater. We're about to see how it handles when the going gets tough. At rest, you can appreciate the true size of this boat, with lines and graphics that accentuate the meaning of performance. Mcleod interiors have been customized for comfort and security, with grab handles built into the seats and ergonomically placed for every passenger on-board. Whether driven single-handedly or throttled by a co-pilot, the helm is laid out for optimum visibility. Awesome's powder coated gaffered steering wheel attracts attention to a wide bank of performance gauges and switches, with matching gaffer controls mounted next to the trim indicator and remote stereo control. Under the hatch rest some very powerful motors in a compartment both spacious and well-organized. Mercury racing supercharged 600's were coupled with combination bravo-imco drives propelled by a 34 inch pitch bravo 1, 4-blade propellers. For a catamaran, the Awesome has plenty of well-lighted cabin space incorporating 5'8" of maximum head room and a centre pad that could accommodate the Jolly Green Giant. Now, today's test is taking place in Lake St. Clair in Michigan, and the Awesome 38 Signature, at 37"'9" long with a 10 1/2 foot beam weighing 9,000 pounds, is going to have to take on some pretty rough water. We've got wind gusts up to 25 miles an hour, but we've found a calmer section of the lake right now to do our initial speed run. So here we go. Let's see how it gets up on plane. "Quick, 4.37 seconds, and what's nice about that was a lot of these cats, when you get them up on-plane, the props ventilate just when you're at a high r.p.m., but the r.p.m.'s stayed low. I just shot up momentarily to 5 and right back down to 35 hundred. So running at this speed, we turn the drives up a little bit. We're at 3,000 r.p.m., it runs real nice. 3500rpm - we're at 60 miles an hour. The Awesome 38 cat is a two-tunnel. It has a wedge in the centre but it is a two-tunnel, but it's running on pads that are about 8 inches wide on the bottom portion of it. Now, that's a little different. Two tunnels run right on the knife edge, but this is actually running pad that ends just forward of the second step. But I'll tell you what, at this speed, which is around 65 miles an hour, 3800 r.p.m., this boat rides like a dream. We'll do an acceleration run running at 40 miles an hour to 70. Here we go. Baby and the boat feels good. Then I try to turn it a little bit, doing a nice, gradual turn - the boat stays absolutely level. Lovely. Port turn is beautiful. Time for the high-speed lap. Here we go. 75, 80, whoa, nelly! 101! miles an hour. Beautiful run. And absolutely straight as a die. Nice and level. Clipboard notes show our cruising speed at 67 miles an hour at 4,000 r.p.m. Mercury racing's twin h.p. 600s.c.'s turning 34-inch Bravo 1 props find maximum r.p.m. just outside the operating range. But our top speed was an awesome 101 miles an hour. Well, we certainly had a mean machine to conquer the weather today, which was clearly less than ideal. I consider this boat to be a wave tamer, but I was most impressed with the way the boat handled the wind gusts at extremely high speeds. The bow doesn't get played in any direction and the hull tracks straight and true. Overall, the 38 Signature is well-appointed and aggressive. It's simply awesome.
>
> Specs:
>
> Length: 37' 9"
> Beam: 10' 5"
> Weight: 9,000 lbs.
> Fuel: 216 gal.
>
> Test boat engine: Mercury racing supercharged 600's, coupled
> with combination bravo-imco drives, 34-inch pitch bravo 1, 4-blade propellers.
>
> Acceleration: 0-plane in 4.37 sec
>
> Top speed (radar): 101 mph
>
> Cruising speeds (radar): 67 mph @ 4000 rpm
>
> Speed testing by Stalker radar

And my experience with the boat support the article......

JK

Last edited by JKK; 11-11-2011 at 02:19 PM. Reason: pic
Old 11-11-2011, 02:05 PM
JKK
Registered

Originally Posted by ROTAX454
You are correct on the boat. "Warcat" to be exact. I believe that the hull was started in 2003. This boat was completed minus the outboard rigging and the motors, and left Awesome in May or June of 2004. Pics were taken in March 2004.

Yes Warcat was started when I picked up my boat in the Spring of 2003 from Awesome.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:43 PM
Registered

Very cool info, I really appreciate it, this mine to a T, just came back from the key west poker run, left on sunday with 6-9 seas with a few bigger thrown in and it handled them awesome even caught a little air

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.