Old 05-09-2005, 08:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Baja Outlaw 30' question

Few questions:

It looks like a good value..true 30'er compares to some 33-maybe 34' LOA's

-Graphics in gel or painted?

-It has a pad on the bottom rear...is it stable at speed? My guess is that it is...just wondering.

-It has a 24 degree dead rise...cuts through chop pretty good?

-What would the speed and overall performance be with
T-6.2 liter 320 HP engines vs. T-496 475 HP engines? I was told 70 and upper 70's with the 496...sounds maybe too high?

-The '05 comes with a "big old silencer/muffler tip"...how does it work performance-wise? How loud at idle and cruise? Sounds good or too muffled? Who makes that thing?

-The interior materials quality looks very good. Am I right?

-Any problems, concerns, comments on anything I missed etc?

My neighbor is looking to spend about 100k.

I got a price of 100k with T-6.2 liter engines and 120K with 375 HP 496's. Are those good prices? I didn't even try to negotiate..my guess is I could work off another 10-15% maybe from him. He wants a new boat won't go used...and he wants it soon...any and all feedback appreciated.

I just saw a "boatest.com" test and it hit 70.6 with T-6.2's
Supposedly Baja did substantial windtunnel testing and with around 7,000 lbs...performs very efficiently I think. The cabin is very nicely done...Gaffrig equiptment...overall I am impressed and think it is a good value. Anyone differ?

Thanks...and sorry for all the questions in advance.

Last edited by Hydrocruiser; 05-09-2005 at 08:54 PM.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:58 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Default Re: Baja Outlaw 30' question

It looks like a good value..true 30'er compares to some 33-maybe 34' LOA's

True 30 Foot. All Outlaws have bolt on swim platform. It does not count on the OAL.

-Graphics in gel or painted? "In The Gel"

-It has a pad on the bottom rear...is it stable at speed? My guess is that it is...just wondering.

"Very much so if you do not over trim it".

-It has a 24 degree dead rise...cuts through chop pretty good?

"The ride is great as with all Baja's".-What would the speed and overall performance be with
T-6.2 liter 320 HP engines vs. T-496 475 HP engines? I was told low 70's and upper 70's with the 496...sounds maybe too high?

The only one I have been in was with 496HO's and it is a low 80's boat.

-The '05 comes with a "big old silencer/muffler tip"...how does it work performance-wise? How loud at idle and cruise? Sounds good or too muffled? Who makes that thing?

"GET RID OF IT, it does not effect the performance, but does effect the overall sound quality"

-The interior materials quality looks very good. Am I right?

"No Problems that I have heard of"
-Any problems, concerns, comments on anything I missed etc?

"I like the boat. If it had been available a couple of years ago we may not have made such a large step up"

I'll let someone else help you out on the price.

Good luck
Old 05-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Arrow Re: Baja Outlaw 30' question

Thanks DH...seems like the only thing that needs to go is the oversize exhaust tip....what tip sounds good and passes the tests? Is there such a beast?

So I guess if one can live and be happy with 70 MPH then the 6.2's are fine?>

20 grand more for 496 375 HP's is a bit much...that's where the negotiation begins...Pantera Boats charges only 4K more to go from 6.2's to the 375 HP 496's...it's on their website...

So I am thinking my friend should go in with an offer of 112K for the T-375 HP boat or 100K for the 6.2L boat and that's an all inclusive price...tax delivery etc...and it does include a trailer too at the previously quoted prices I was told. They probably would go for that as he is retired and has the cash.

But I am not gonna do the negotiating for him...just make a suggestion or two.

Last edited by Hydrocruiser; 05-09-2005 at 09:21 PM.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:06 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Hydrocruiser
Thanks DH...seems like the only thing that needs to go is the oversize exhaust tip....what tip sounds good and passes the tests? Is there such a beast?
Call Fred Cecil . AKA "Too Old" at Trick Marine for the tips.

www.trickmarine.net

You can buy them from him cheaper than direct. I used the ones that Eddie marine sold. They are angle cut with internal flappers.

I took them off this winter and put straight tips dumping the water at the end and they really sound nice now!

As for Pantera I think they much have listed something wrong. You can find all the Merc prices on line and they all pay the same.

Good luck
Old 05-10-2005, 08:35 AM
Charter Member # 90
Charter Member

Hydro,

I am a new 30 outlaw owner as of a couple months ago but childrens softball have limited my usage to a couple of weekends so far. Thank goodness we only have two weekends left and then it is to the lake. Now I can answer a few questions but Dock knocked most of them out and he is "right on" with his answers.

-I have 496HO's and it is an 80mph ride.

-As far as the mufflers, they need to go. I replaced mine last week with Stainless Marine tips from www.trickmarine.net

- You can do better than $120,000 with 496(375hp). I got mine less than that with HO's and would be glad to put you in touch with my dealer.

-Shoe
Old 05-10-2005, 05:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by MillerLite88
Hydro,

I am a new 30 outlaw owner as of a couple months ago but childrens softball have limited my usage to a couple of weekends so far. Thank goodness we only have two weekends left and then it is to the lake. Now I can answer a few questions but Dock knocked most of them out and he is "right on" with his answers.

-I have 496HO's and it is an 80mph ride.

-As far as the mufflers, they need to go. I replaced mine last week with Stainless Marine tips from www.trickmarine.net

- You can do better than $120,000 with 496(375hp). I got mine less than that with HO's and would be glad to put you in touch with my dealer.

-Shoe
Please pass on your dealer info and I will pass it on to the potential buyer.

What did the abot sound like anyways with those huge muffler tips?
Old 05-10-2005, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shoe, glad to see you are still alive I see you are playing on the site also.

I am a New owner of a 05 30 outlaw, and I love the boat.
We have about 16 hours on it already, which is doing well considering the weather. My boat has Twin 496 Mag H/O's running 28 pitch props non-labbed, running 82 mph all day long. The boat handles nice, and we got a chance to take it up and run it on Lake Michigan out of Chicago 2 weekends ago
Shoe is right you can purchase the boat for less. My boat is equipped with a couple more options than shoes, but you should be able to buy the boat on a trailer between 114K, and 117K depending on ending options with 496 Mag H/O's

Good Luck

Darrell
Old 05-10-2005, 09:06 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 30 Outlaw
Shoe, glad to see you are still alive I see you are playing on the site also.

I am a New owner of a 05 30 outlaw, and I love the boat.
We have about 16 hours on it already, which is doing well considering the weather. My boat has Twin 496 Mag H/O's running 28 pitch props non-labbed, running 82 mph all day long. The boat handles nice, and we got a chance to take it up and run it on Lake Michigan out of Chicago 2 weekends ago
Shoe is right you can purchase the boat for less. My boat is equipped with a couple more options than shoes, but you should be able to buy the boat on a trailer between 114K, and 117K depending on ending options with 496 Mag H/O's

Good Luck

Darrell
Looks like this guy I spoke with is going to be sitting on his boats...119k with 375 Hp engines and it was actually with no trailer..i was mistaken...I am sending my friend to the yellow Pages.

I figured he could get into a 30' Outlaw for under 120k on a trailer with HO's.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

FYI if you jump up to a 34' Outlaw what's that do to your wallet?
Old 05-10-2005, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydrocruiser
Looks like this guy I spoke with is going to be sitting on his boats...119k with 375 Hp engines and it was actually with no trailer..i was mistaken...I am sending my friend to the yellow Pages.

I figured he could get into a 30' Outlaw for under 120k on a trailer with HO's.

You can,Shoe has a dealer that sold him his with H/O's, and my dealer did for me also both with trailers well under 120K

I was told that it would cost me around 125K, so about 7/8K more same boat little bigger.

Quick Reply: Baja Outlaw 30' question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.