Carbon Monoxide ? >

Carbon Monoxide ?

Notices

Carbon Monoxide ?

Old 05-24-2005, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbon Monoxide ?

the detector in my 232 closed bow will go off when i go from cruising speed, say 45-50mph, to a idle speed(after i idle a minute or 2). the hatch door is open at all times during this. also does it if i turn the blower on pry to slowing. Do i have a CO problem, the detector is kind of annoying. i do have a 3 month old so i am concerned. any help appreciated. Thanks Lynn
Old 05-24-2005, 10:48 AM
Registered

Default Re: Carbon Monoxide ?

Carbon Monoxide is nothing to play with. Will hit you fast and you not know it. With a 3 mth old I'd leave it in or get you a portable detector. When the air is still those that are mounted inside on the walls tend to be super sensitive. With the portable ones they seem to be a little more accurate and still will beep when it reaches a medium to high level. Just be sure to replace the batteries every couple months in them.

Donzimama38
"My Way"
Old 05-24-2005, 01:27 PM
Charter Member #1251
Charter Member

Is the boat new? I have heard that new carpet fibers can set them off. Happen alot in campers so I'm told. Also mine would always go off during the week we in was covered up and hot. The guy at the marina I was at asked me why my boat peeped all the time. Now there was no Carbon Monoxide because the boat was kept on the trailer, and no running engines around. It however never went off when the boat was running or anchored out.

Frank.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:14 AM
Registered

It could be several different things setting it off, There are lots of these detectors that are just plain faulty. If your slowing and the wind pushes the ext. fumes back to wards your cabin it could pick that up,If its possible to try another detector try one. Even a charging battery in a garage will set one off in a house. Kidder and first alert have decent detectors that you can get at wal-mart just try it in your boat to test and then just put it in your house everyone should have one if you have any gas fired appliance in your home.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:37 PM
Registered

I would get a portable and test with that. Buy at WalMart and take it back. You need alot of CO2 to make those things go off.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

A guy I used to know thought he had a bad detecter & unhooked it.................
2 weeks later he died on the boat......................

If you have an exhaust leak, The wind will cary it up to the cabin thru the bildge
Old 05-30-2005, 03:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by birdog
A guy I used to know thought he had a bad detecter & unhooked it.................
2 weeks later he died on the boat......................

If you have an exhaust leak, The wind will cary it up to the cabin thru the bildge