opinions??? >

opinions???

Notices

opinions???

Old 07-18-2005, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinions???

1995 caliber/outlaw....bravo1 or hydro props??? what are most of you using and has anyone tried them both out? I tried mirages but got chine walk, my hydros seem ok, just thinking about trying bravos....opinions?
Old 07-18-2005, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: opinions???

Are you spinning them in or out? In will be a little faster but out will handle better. Bravos will carry the bow more than the Hydros. Call Julie @ Throttle Up. She has taken EXCELENT care of my props and if you really talk nice to her, she can turn your props in a day. Freight is expensive but if you are talking about time on the water, can you put a price on a lost weekend?
Old 07-18-2005, 04:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
Are you spinning them in or out? In will be a little faster but out will handle better. Bravos will carry the bow more than the Hydros. Call Julie @ Throttle Up. She has taken EXCELENT care of my props and if you really talk nice to her, she can turn your props in a day. Freight is expensive but if you are talking about time on the water, can you put a price on a lost weekend?
I no exactly what both props do ie: stern lift,bow lift. what I meant about trying them "out" was not running them in or out, but trying "out" the bravos and the hydros and which one they liked better.....I have trim tabs so getting the bow to come down is not a big issue....
Old 07-19-2005, 06:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I've been there and done that on mine with 502's and Hydros where right on for me, but I could not stand them spinning in, and did 'nt see any diff in speed , just handled like crap, but with 24's mine ran 70-71 gps at 5,000
Old 07-19-2005, 08:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 32 caliber
I no exactly what both props do ie: stern lift,bow lift. what I meant about trying them "out" was not running them in or out, but trying "out" the bravos and the hydros and which one they liked better.....I have trim tabs so getting the bow to come down is not a big issue....
Yea, I follow your post. Does the boat need to carry the bow? That is the question. If it does then the bravo is the prop. If it needs to lift the stern, then the hydro is the prop to use.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by liquid asset
I've been there and done that on mine with 502's and Hydros where right on for me, but I could not stand them spinning in, and did 'nt see any diff in speed , just handled like crap, but with 24's mine ran 70-71 gps at 5,000
You gave me your opinion before and I did go with the hydros. The ones I bought wre suppose to be 24's as you suggested but they ended up being 25's. The reason I question if anyone has actually tried out each one on this boat is because I tried a set of 25 mirages'(not plus) and it got on plane instantly compared to the hydros. Also with the hydros the bow comes down in the rough(swells,lake michigan) alot harder than the mirages did. I know how to trim, and yes I have trim tabs that I also know how to adjust. The mirages did not quite hold the bow down as much as I would like, so I figured the bravos might be just the solution I need. If anyone "has" actually tried out both then I'd be interested in their opinion and test.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:27 AM
Registered

I bought a set of 24 bravos I will be trying out this weekend, if they work out I will be selling the 25 hydros.....I will update results sunday..
Old 07-20-2005, 07:50 AM
Registered

Not all prop mfg pitch is the same. A bravo 26 is really more like a 25 and a hyudro 24 is really more like a 25. Like Nike and Reebok shoe sizes I wear a 12 in one and a 11 in the other. Did you call Throttle Up? Julie knows her stuff.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:53 AM
Registered

I know what the differences are on prop pitchs with each brand. The 25 hydros I have is to much prop, therefore the 24 bravos which are really 23's should put me right where I want to be.....after this weekends testing I will update with the results
Old 07-20-2005, 04:25 PM
Registered

I Had A 96 Caliber With A 540 And Tried Bravo's(30)
And Hydro's(28) The Best Prop For Me Was The Hydro
I Was Spinning Them In At 5800rpm And I Did Have To Trim Off The
Meter At Wot. 86.5 Was The Best Speed.but I Didn't
Like The Bravo The Calibers Have A Deep X So You
Need A Stern Lifting Prop.

Quick Reply: opinions???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.