leaning issue again!

Notices

leaning issue again!

Old 07-25-2005, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: leaning issue again!

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
If I have a wind from Starboard it leans to Port. With a wind from Port it leans to starboard.

Maybe the torque steer overcomes the lean from one direction on your boat?

Boats are greatly effected by both wind and balance of weight.

Use your Tabs!
Ok this confuses me more. My boat will always lean port side down. Never changes. Now going by what you are saying if wind hits me on the port side that should off set the torque if that is what is causing the problem. But in my case it only make it worse. If wind hits on the starboard side there is still a slight lean to port. I have a RH rotation prop.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: leaning issue again!

Originally Posted by FX10
Russ,
I hope you don't mind me sticking my 2 cents in.
Our 30' Y2k's don't have a leaning problem with the smaller motors, such as the 496 HO. The hull only goes 74 mph.
When we put a 525, or 600sci in one, it gets the port lean. We had Scott from Mercury Racing helping us dial in Superbabi which has the 600sci. The leaning issue was taken care of as soon as we switched to the 5 blade left hand prop. The boat ran perfectly level in all winds and water conditions.
Fountain Powerboats also had the leaning issues with their 29', they also switched to left hand props to solve the problem.

Rick
FX10

I could see that I would have this issue if I had a motor putting out that kind of horse power but this lean issue was happening when I had the 6.2 merc in it 320 hp in this boat shouldn't really see any prop torque lean. At least thats what I've heard from other Baja owners with this boat and also alot of 272 owners and my 232 never had this problem.

Maybe im missing something so someone straighten me out if the prop is a RH rotation prop which way would it cause the boat to lean if it was prop torque?

If the wind hits on the port side it should make the boat lean which way?