Quality Issues >

Quality Issues

Notices

Quality Issues

Old 01-16-2006, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Quality Issues

i've looked at two 30 OL's. A new 05 and a used 04 (18hours). Both have had significant quality issues with the cabin vinyl. Headliner and spacer coming about near door, seams along wall above benches not meeting up etc. Anyone else seen these type issues? How do these boats hold up after delivery? 24+ months out... I'm not knocking Baja at all. Just doing some homework before buying my first one. Thanks.
Old 01-16-2006, 02:42 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Quality Issues

Originally Posted by imartin
i've looked at two 30 OL's. A new 05 and a used 04 (18hours). Both have had significant quality issues with the cabin vinyl. Headliner and spacer coming about near door, seams along wall above benches not meeting up etc. Anyone else seen these type issues? How do these boats hold up after delivery? 24+ months out... I'm not knocking Baja at all. Just doing some homework before buying my first one. Thanks.
Personally I have not heard of any issues. There seems to be a lot of happy owners out there on the new 30's.

Have you gone over to www.teambajamarine.com yet?
Being a full Baja only site you will find some folks that do not post here. Give them a try also.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm happy with my 25 O'L so far, although the rear bench is falling apart and a few stitches are coming out of the hatch. AB said they'd take care of it, but it's a 4 hour drive.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Dock, that ain't cool
Old 01-16-2006, 08:55 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by liquid asset
Dock, that ain't cool
???

Liquid,

As a fellow boater and a Baja fan, I'm just trying to help this guy find the answers to his questions.

He is a paying Gold member and I'm sure he will be on this site like you and me for many years. After all it is the #1 site and you will learn more here then anywhere else.

I belong to and monitor four different sites a day and could add two more to that number easy if I had time. No one has a monopoly on a BOATING website.

But the topics he mentioned have been discussd in detail on the Baja site.

It's all about helping one another, right?

Dock
Old 01-17-2006, 03:32 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks Dock:

I am finding some info out on the other site. There seems to be many a folks that have experienced headliner. seam, and corner issues. I'll keep in perspective though, there are probably just as many if not more that have not had a problem one.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:33 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by imartin
Thanks Dock:

I am finding some info out on the other site. There seems to be many a folks that have experienced headliner. seam, and corner issues. I'll keep in perspective though, there are probably just as many if not more that have not had a problem one.
I find that these guys are happy to share their experiences good or bad so you can make the best decision. Also Baja is really building a very good boat for the money. We had a hatch and headliner issue with our 36 after we bought it new, but they stepped up and took care of it right away and that was almost four years ago now.

Good luck and let us know if we can help.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
???

Liquid,

As a fellow boater and a Baja fan, I'm just trying to help this guy find the answers to his questions.

He is a paying Gold member and I'm sure he will be on this site like you and me for many years. After all it is the #1 site and you will learn more here then anywhere else.

I belong to and monitor four different sites a day and could add two more to that number easy if I had time. No one has a monopoly on a BOATING website.

But the topics he mentioned have been discussd in detail on the Baja site.

It's all about helping one another, right?

Dock
Dock, if you could hear my joking tone and laughing when I wrote that you would know it was a joke, thats why I put the grin smilie on ther,I meant nothing rude by it, only joking with you, being funny, look forward to seeing you in Austin , aren't you guys coming down?
Old 01-17-2006, 11:45 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by liquid asset
Dock, if you could hear my joking tone and laughing when I wrote that you would know it was a joke, thats why I put the grin smilie on ther,I meant nothing rude by it, only joking with you, being funny, look forward to seeing you in Austin , aren't you guys coming down?
Sorry, you are right!

Of course I am use to hearing that I am NOT cool!!!!!!!!!!!

As for Texas, the only way I won't make it is if there is a major emergency. We are dragging the 36, if for some reason it is broke I will come anyway and bum a ride with you!
Old 01-17-2006, 12:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

And if mine sells, Im riding with you!!

Quick Reply: Quality Issues

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.