Dean Renolds is not with Baja >

Dean Renolds is not with Baja

Notices

Dean Renolds is not with Baja

Old 02-07-2006, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dean Renolds is not with Baja

I was told at the Cleveland Boat Show that he was gone. It is a shame. He was the only one there that could help tweek a Baja. Dean worked with me on my 33 Outlaw and I went from 72-78 stock to 75.2 which it tested in Powerboat mag March of 03. It has a pad bottom and it took 2 years to get it right, which, thanks to Dean, it fianally is. Now the 30 -35 have a pad bottom and from what I can see they are fast for a Baja. He got the custom shop going . He worked with Custom Colors to on all those cool painted pokerrun boats. I think he had a lot to do with their boats not looking like cookie cutter boats. I dont care what mistakes he made... He still was an asset to the company. He had more seat time then any 3 people there .He taught me a lot, my boat runs in the mid 90,s now .I think Baja was just about to turn the corner with the new 35 . I WONDER if Rob Parmentier or Bill Regan will answer the phone when I have a question and be able to answer it.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:12 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Dean Renolds is not with Baja

Yes, it is a sad day to see him go. But sometimes change can be a good thing. Let's hope they get someone in there that can do great things.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 126 Likes on 52 Posts

Nice to see your still alive and kickin bobby.

I thought you were dead or something?

Have you gotton that boat of yours right yet? You should just upgrade to a 35 PR with 600's and leave it alone.

Sorry I had to bust your balls a little I haven't seen or talked to since the PC poker run that you never got to really run in.

Hope to see you soon.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whats up fellas,Doc your allways optimistic. Did you know there planning to make 2200 small searays at the baja plant this year.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Really hate to hear this. Hope all is well with Dean. He always was a big help to me, when every and where ever our paths crossed. Went out of his way to make a small time guy (me) feel important.

If any info on where he goes is available please post it.

He will be missed at Baja I am sure but an asset to where ever he goes from here.

Mark

PS: Yes he had a LOT of "seat time" and it really showed if you ever had the chance to ride with him.