Why can't I sell?

Notices

Why can't I sell?

Old 06-12-2006, 11:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Why can't I sell?

ill tell you right now. if i was in the market to be buy a 29 i would be calling you now. your boat looks great but its like everyone says. its not a sellers market. you got a great boat with good motors and low hours and it looks great.(need a trailer). but ill tell you that if i was going to buy i would low ball you and i wouldnt go much higher hopping for you to cave. but stick with it you are going to find the right buy6er.. good luck
Old 06-13-2006, 07:46 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

sold my 2000 with 100 hours mags and all options for 64,900, through my broker
Old 06-13-2006, 08:46 AM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

I preach this every time... You have to remember you are selling a high ticket item. You have to put this boat on display. Please don't take offense but your pictures don't do anything to create interest on your boat. Spend the time and take some good quality, hi res pictures of the boat off the lift, in the water, in action. Something interesting and clear. Clean out the v-berth and take better pictures. Imagine a dealer selling this boat... most wouldn't have a v-berth full of a bunch of crap. Put the best photo you have as your leading photo... so it's the first photo someone sees. Make it interesting and make sure it's clear and big.

Your boat appears to be all stock, so you are competing with every other stock boat out there. You might want to consider spending a little money on some "bling" for it just to set it apart. Bezels, Cup holders, vinyl graphics, etc. $200-300 could get you a lot.

Next question is...Where are you listing it? Hands down EBAY is a must. Again the same thing applies with the pictures. Spend the extra $5 and have 12 high res interesting pictures posted. I don't get why someone won't spend an extra $5 bucks when trying to sell a $50,000 item. It's happens all the time. FINALLY... the key is... to remember, you are not trying to necessarily sell it on EBAY, you are trying to put it on display. And EBAY has the traffic. If you do get your asking price on EBAY then great, but most of the time people will call you. People who are truly interested will find you. I've sold 2 Baja this way in less than 3 months. And got my asking price each time. It's all sales & marketing...give it a try.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats a good looking boat.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:12 AM
Registered

My opinion is the price is a little high without a trailer. When people want to buy something you want to hook up and be done. Not go looking for a trailer and hope it is the right one exedra....People want to buy cool add on shi$ after buying a boat.

Last edited by 29KILROY; 06-13-2006 at 10:22 AM.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue by You
I preach this every time... You have to remember you are selling a high ticket item. You have to put this boat on display. Please don't take offense but your pictures don't do anything to create interest on your boat. Spend the time and take some good quality, hi res pictures of the boat off the lift, in the water, in action. Something interesting and clear. Clean out the v-berth and take better pictures. Imagine a dealer selling this boat... most wouldn't have a v-berth full of a bunch of crap. Put the best photo you have as your leading photo... so it's the first photo someone sees. Make it interesting and make sure it's clear and big.

Your boat appears to be all stock, so you are competing with every other stock boat out there. You might want to consider spending a little money on some "bling" for it just to set it apart. Bezels, Cup holders, vinyl graphics, etc. $200-300 could get you a lot.

Next question is...Where are you listing it? Hands down EBAY is a must. Again the same thing applies with the pictures. Spend the extra $5 and have 12 high res interesting pictures posted. I don't get why someone won't spend an extra $5 bucks when trying to sell a $50,000 item. It's happens all the time. FINALLY... the key is... to remember, you are not trying to necessarily sell it on EBAY, you are trying to put it on display. And EBAY has the traffic. If you do get your asking price on EBAY then great, but most of the time people will call you. People who are truly interested will find you. I've sold 2 Baja this way in less than 3 months. And got my asking price each time. It's all sales & marketing...give it a try.
i would have to disagree with the bling. Bling for one may not turn the crank for another. The buyer of a stock boat can add all the bling they want and make it theirs. A blinged out boat may limit more than attract. My .02...
Old 06-13-2006, 07:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by imartin
Did your 03 come from Houston? If so, I know D. Lockwood.
Yes Dave was the contact for Larry. Great guys.. Smooth transaction.
Excellent Boat.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:14 PM
Registered

Go ahead and get a trailer under it. That was a big issue for all the buyers when I was getting rid of my boat.
I spent 1 yr trying to sell a 1yr old 25outlaw. I ended up selling it for 20k less than I paid for it new. I would have been better off takng the first serious offer instead of sitting on it for a year and getting that same amount.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:38 AM
the Flightmaster
Platinum Member

Bluebyyou is so right. The pictures are killing it, not the price! Trailer would be a great help, though.
Good high res pictures:
1. Front 3/4 view from low on the water (boat looks long),
2. Rear 3/4 view from high angle (see the cockpit, boat on trailer nice babe standing next to the boat - boat looks big and roomy ),
3. Dashpanel from above, not too low
4. Cabin - clean but with a folded towel or something to show that its not a catalog shot (- but not, as often happens, with five life jackets and a boat hook!)
5, 6.most important - under the hatch - good clean well lit shots of the motors and ANY high performance features - seastrainers or billet drive reservoir....
7, 8. nearly as important - transom, with maybe detail shots of props and of steering rams.
Great boat, My favourite graphics, too. Good luck.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:43 AM
Registered

I would also agree with the trailer deal...I just bought a 29 this year and actually passed on another before I bought the one I did, because it didn't have a trailer and I didn't want to hassle with having to try and get one that fit the boat. I understand that you probably don't want to spend more money on something you are trying to sell, but you really limit the buyers your'e going to find by not having a full package.
Very nice boat! How long have you been trying to sell? I would also agree with the picture advice, put as many GOOD pictures as you can afford.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Why can't I sell?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.