Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
My 342 is up and running- thanks to all >

My 342 is up and running- thanks to all

Notices

My 342 is up and running- thanks to all

Old 06-20-2006, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 342 is up and running- thanks to all

My new motor is in and I have about 10 hours on it already. Still doing the break in thing but the boat is running great. Thanks to all of those who helped me out on this especially ExcaliburHawk40. Not only did he make me a great deal on a brand new motor but he jumped through his ass to get it to me in 3 days from Texas to VA. That is the kind of Service you just don't see these days. I would recommend him to every person that I know.

I was suprised at just how easy it is to get the motor in and out. It only took about an hour and a half each way. Now I see why some people pull their motors for the winter.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: My 342 is up and running- thanks to all

good to hear. hows the new engine running? did you get the other one apart and find the problem?
Old 06-20-2006, 10:06 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's great news. Enjoy the rest of your boating season!
Old 06-20-2006, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by BajaRunner
good to hear. hows the new engine running? did you get the other one apart and find the problem?
New engine is running like a top. I haven't got on it yet due to the break in period but I expect nothing but good things.

The old motor ate the main bearings. Not sure what caused this as when I took it apart the only thing bad were the bearings. Oil pump was fine, water pump looked fine and the sea water pump looked fine other than a groove worn into the back of the housing. Once the new motor went in I had a heat problem again. Changed the sea water and water pump and also tightened all of the hose clamps and it went away. If I had to guess I would say it was the small groove in the seawater pump or a loose clamp sucking air that caused the new heating problem. No idea what blew up the old motor though. Maybe lack of use and sitting for long periods. The boat is a 99 with only 250 hours on it.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by duksrule
My new motor is in and I have about 10 hours on it already. Still doing the break in thing but the boat is running great. Thanks to all of those who helped me out on this especially ExcaliburHawk40. Not only did he make me a great deal on a brand new motor but he jumped through his ass to get it to me in 3 days from Texas to VA. That is the kind of Service you just don't see these days. I would recommend him to every person that I know.

I was suprised at just how easy it is to get the motor in and out. It only took about an hour and a half each way. Now I see why some people pull their motors for the winter.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone.
Doesn't ExcaliburHawk40 work for "Deryberry". If so you better have gotten a warranty on that motor.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by bikinilover
Doesn't ExcaliburHawk40 work for "Deryberry". If so you better have gotten a warranty on that motor.
Pretty bad statement to just make without any background. Do you have more info on this? The motor was brand new from GM so I am guessing that it will be OK.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

The engine was a new GM/Mercury 502ci 415 HP that carries a 12 month unlimited hour warranty. Thanks bikinilover, we need more truely concerened people like you.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:34 PM
Registered

Let's see some pics!
Old 06-28-2006, 06:30 PM

See if these come out.

I can personally say that Matt gave me a good deal on a new motor and jumped through his ass to get it to me from Texas in 3 days. If the port engine went tomorrow, I would be calling Matt to replace the other side.
Attached Thumbnails My 342 is up and running- thanks to all-dsc03605.jpg   My 342 is up and running- thanks to all-dsc03607.jpg   My 342 is up and running- thanks to all-dsc03567.jpg  

Old 06-29-2006, 11:12 AM
Charter Member #1251
Charter Member

Duksrule,
Nice pic's. It not fair how much room you have in the engine compartment. !!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: My 342 is up and running- thanks to all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.