Interesting Thread >

Interesting Thread

Notices

Interesting Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking Re: Interesting Thread

Sometimes those "Blue" motors can beat you up pretty bad hence you get "black & blue" in the wallet which will most of the time leave you in quite a "blue" mood! Ah you'd just waste the money on something else anyway!

Ray @ Raylar
Old 07-26-2006, 10:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts
Default Re: Interesting Thread

I agree the "blue motors" are built good,if I was buying a used boat and you could find a good deal on them it would be worth paying SOMETHING extra but they are not magic,just built well. You could EASILY duplicate them for less than 1/2 the cost. I would NOT spend a extra 20 or 40 thousand on them on a new boat unless you just wanted a little faster boat and re-sale was your main concern. I build my own motors though and have competent machine shops that can do top-notch work,plus know where to buy parts without getting screwed. For the average joe-blow who wants to just change oil they might be just the ticket or these poor souls who I keep reading about that know just enough to get in over their head and end up having their motor in and out of the boat and back to their local machine shop countless times,but not me,Smitty