Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
I beat my poor 342 half to death Saturday >

I beat my poor 342 half to death Saturday

Notices

I beat my poor 342 half to death Saturday

Old 08-07-2006, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I beat my poor 342 half to death Saturday

Did the Little Creek Poker run on Saturday. Wow were the waves big. We were one of about 10 boats that even tried to make it to the first stop. Only 4 ended up going all the way. Probably about 4-5 foot seas. Now I will spend the next week putting everything back together. Here is the short list...

-Bathroom mirror frame, broke. How the mirror didn't break is beyond me.
-Latch that holds cabin door open sheered off
-Latch that holds cabin door closed came completely out of the door.
-Microwave flew across the cabin. Can't believe it didn't break.
-Kitchen cabined that holds fridge and microwave is separated from the wall about a 1/2 inch and is separating where the cabinet connects to the counter top. Guess I need to take all the screws out. reseat everything and put new screws in.
-All of the latches for the STBD bow hatch popped off and the rod that holds it open broke off.
-Arm rest for the bolster seat on the passenger's seat came loose. Looks like there is a bolt that goes in from the bottom that pulled through. Not sure how to get to the under side of it. The bolt is right behind the switch.
-one of my battery hold down plates broke.
-Random screw heads snapped off

All in all I consider most of this stuff minor. There were several others that broke motors, outdrives, transmissions, etc. I guess I should have bought a 38 rather than a 34. Then again maybe we all should have turned left into the bay with the rest of the people that didn't see a need to run the big stuff and beat themselves to death. It was a great time though. I have some nice pics of the outdrives a few feet out of the water.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:42 AM
Registered

Default Re: I beat my poor 342 half to death Saturday

Is that the same microwave that you were having a b!tch of a time trying to remove? Looks like you got the job done!

I had the same thing happen to my port bolster. I think you have to turn the whole thing upside down and tighten it back up. I've been looking for a parts diagram...

Thankfully everything is minor.

I guess that means that Greg is taking it easy on these things out on Lake Erie!!!
Old 08-07-2006, 11:14 AM

I actually got the old one out and this was a new one. I am going to drill a hole and run a screw through it to hold it in. I think that I can hide the screw behind my CO2 detector.

Not sure how I am going to fix the seat. It is the inboard side of my port seat.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats what im talkin about

run it like you stole it!!
Old 08-07-2006, 04:34 PM
Registered

I guess that means that Greg is taking it easy on these things out on Lake Erie!!!
Nah, I've seen the stuff he manages to break!
Old 08-07-2006, 05:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by duksrule
Did the Little Creek Poker run on Saturday. Wow were the waves big. We were one of about 10 boats that even tried to make it to the first stop. Only 4 ended up going all the way. Probably about 4-5 foot seas. Now I will spend the next week putting everything back together. Here is the short list...

-Bathroom mirror frame, broke. How the mirror didn't break is beyond me.
-Latch that holds cabin door open sheered off
-Latch that holds cabin door closed came completely out of the door.
-Microwave flew across the cabin. Can't believe it didn't break.
-Kitchen cabined that holds fridge and microwave is separated from the wall about a 1/2 inch and is separating where the cabinet connects to the counter top. Guess I need to take all the screws out. reseat everything and put new screws in.
-All of the latches for the STBD bow hatch popped off and the rod that holds it open broke off.
-Arm rest for the bolster seat on the passenger's seat came loose. Looks like there is a bolt that goes in from the bottom that pulled through. Not sure how to get to the under side of it. The bolt is right behind the switch.
-one of my battery hold down plates broke.
-Random screw heads snapped off

All in all I consider most of this stuff minor. There were several others that broke motors, outdrives, transmissions, etc. I guess I should have bought a 38 rather than a 34. Then again maybe we all should have turned left into the bay with the rest of the people that didn't see a need to run the big stuff and beat themselves to death. It was a great time though. I have some nice pics of the outdrives a few feet out of the water.
you are crazy i went out and turned around didn't want to beat my boat or my wife to death so i stayed at the pool all day.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:30 PM

Some folks went back to the docks and drove to Hooters in cars.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:41 PM
Registered

I didn't even drive to hooters i said the hell with it.had a good time any way.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:27 AM

Pictures are up. Mine are the first few in the Baja section http://www.imagequix.com/accounts/69Z829N
Old 08-08-2006, 06:59 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 592 Likes on 272 Posts

Nice AIR!!!!

Quick Reply: I beat my poor 342 half to death Saturday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.