Dock Holiday - Sarasota - November

Notices

Dock Holiday - Sarasota - November

Old 10-04-2006, 04:12 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dock Holiday - Sarasota - November

Hey Florida guys. After our recent trip to the coast of South Carolina & Georgia I have the fever to head South and do some more boating before winter.

Thanksgiving weekend is a time that the wife and I usually get away because we have some extra days.

I'm wanting to go somewhere that will be at least in the 70's and that I have not gone before. Looks like Sarasota Tampa Bay area is tops on my list.

Right now we are looking at coming down on Wednesday November 22nd and returning on Monday the 27th.

I know for some the holiday will be booked with family activity, but how is the boating usually that time of the year?

Will any of you be out on the water and I would appreciate some recommendations on where to stay on the water with a nice marina.

Hope to see some of you guys there. The dates are not set in stone, and we might consider the weekend before Thanksgiving.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Dock Holiday - Sarasota - November

Try the hyatt in Sarasota..."Crownman" is a fantastic tour guide and great company. "Addiction" Joe Spina has room for your trailer just a couple blocks away & will show you around to..."Cigdaze" will show you all the bars...
Old 10-04-2006, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Doc,

We are making alternate plans this year not to go and visit family on the Outer Banks for the first time almost since we have lived here. It is usually very nice that time of year and only gets a little cool (sweater or jacket with sunburn) in the evening. Florida is usually very busy with the Rod Run in Daytona Beach and Florida/Florida State (this year in Gainesville) game that weekend. At this point, I know I have some family responsibilities on Thursday but let me know what your schedule is or key things you would like to do and we will what we can to assist or participate.

Keith
Old 10-04-2006, 08:26 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by kr1276
Hey Doc,

We are making alternate plans this year not to go and visit family on the Outer Banks for the first time almost since we have lived here. It is usually very nice that time of year and only gets a little cool (sweater or jacket with sunburn) in the evening. Florida is usually very busy with the Rod Run in Daytona Beach and Florida/Florida State (this year in Gainesville) game that weekend. At this point, I know I have some family responsibilities on Thursday but let me know what your schedule is or key things you would like to do and we will what we can to assist or participate.

Keith
Keith,

I would really like to hook up with you guys. We'll set a firm date soon and I'll give you a call for sure.

Thanks for the response.

Dock
Old 10-04-2006, 09:04 PM
Registered

Dock,
If you are in the area and want to venture a little further south, Ft. Myers Offshore will be having a Thanksgiving "fun run" on the 25th. It will be a day run starting in Naples and running down to the Marco Island area. You can follow the planning under the Ft. Myers Offshore thread.

John
Old 10-05-2006, 10:50 AM
Registered

I'm in Tampa and while I would love to give you some tips, but unfortunately I am still not that experienced with the marina's in the area. While I do own a small center console, my presence on this board is more to shape things to come in the next year and I do not have much experience yet with anything but beach trips from local ramps. ( I have set a personal goal to own a used 24-25 ft Outlaw by next spring / summer)

There is plenty of good boating around, and Sarasota has some great areas. I know there is a large marina right downtown that would probably have more than enough room. There is some nice dining within range as well. Siesta Key / Lido beaches are not too far away. Egmont Key, which is a great day trip and has some hiking, etc is about a 25 mile run along the beaches to the north. There is plenty in that area to keep you busy on land as well with St. Armands close by and other spots.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:53 PM
Registered

DOC I LOVE YOU MAN, DO'T DO!!!!! Hook up a small one near a vent or under the gunnel. PUT DO NOT PUT THOSE ON YOUR BOAT.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:58 PM
Registered

BOY I guess I missed a couple of words and letters like don't and it and instead of put try but sorry just got back from the hospital my father in law had heart surgery to night art SO DON'T DO IT!!!!
Old 10-05-2006, 06:59 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
DOC I LOVE YOU MAN, DO'T DO!!!!! Hook up a small one near a vent or under the gunnel. PUT DO NOT PUT THOSE ON YOUR BOAT.
Okay Air Time, wrong thread but I agree and will take your advise.

Didn't aim to upset you that much buddy. LOL
Old 10-05-2006, 07:01 PM
Registered

Red face Re: Dock Holiday - Sarasota - November

WOW I put this on the wrong thread so man I'm a wreck

Quick Reply: Dock Holiday - Sarasota - November

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.