Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Ebay rant!!! GGGRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! >

Ebay rant!!! GGGRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Notices

Ebay rant!!! GGGRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Old 10-28-2006, 10:44 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Ebay rant!!! GGGRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by haulinvols
Did it ever occur to you that we ourselves would buy parts we found for our particular model of boat just in case we needed them in the future? I realize you are just trying to make a buck and that is the great American way, so I can't fault you too much for that, but we don't need a middle man if we can go straight to the source. You can put a spin on it if you wish like you are just trying to help us Baja owners when we are looking for the parts in the future, but all you are doing is running up the price on them.

This is true, but if that is the case let me ask you this. If you pay $150.00 for a cover on Ebay, what will be your price selling it yourself?

Well, that is my rant for the day, time to watch College Game Day.
If I can not make 40 percent return on my money and time then it is not worth the purchase and will let it go. I can buy and sell parts all day from my suppliers and make that kind of money without any of my cash laided out and have the item drop shipped as many of the other sellers do. I have over a $250,000.00 inventory and own my building and equiptment and have been in this industry since 1976 and in business for myself since 1979 with hardly any overhead so I can work on a lower mark up.The only items that I bid up are the items that I am purchasing for myself as I to have a Baja boat that I am in the process of rerigging. I paid $487.00 for new shifters for my boat from Speed4UO and then the next week they sold for $75.00 but I missed them that is when I decided that I would start buying from them on regular basis for resale on items that I felt I could turn around for a profit. If you guy's think that other parts dealer on this or any other site is not making money on everything they sell then you are mistaken.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jonyb
I appreciate that, if it's the truth, but I don't believe it because Marcy has a 25 Outlaw shipping cover listed right now. Everytime one cover ends, 2 hours later, it's relisted.

Where's the misinformation anyway?
I though you were looking for a standard cover not a shipping cover and there is a huge difference in the quality of both. the shipping cover is not meant to be left outside on a regular basis and is actually in my opinion low quality as I have both but my boat stays inside and use the shipping cover just to keep the dust off.
Marcy is not a member here but I will call her Monday and see if I can PM you her phone # to verify my statement about trying to help you out.
The misinformation was about there Ebay site being closed down and that it was sales directly from Baja. The site was closed for a couple of weeks I just wanted to let you know that it was not for something terrible they did it was a mistake that was made. Also that they had somebody bidding up there items to drive up the prices that is why I came on here in the first place to let you know it is not true as I also get outbid on a daily basis and out of anger sometimes I bid more than I should just to get the item but only if I need it for myself.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:32 AM
Banned

jonyb,
I just took a good look at the white cover I have and it appears to be made of a plastic material with a felt coating on the boat side. The material it is made of is like the cheap plastic blue tarps you can buy but without the cloth matting in it. I think these covers were made for Baja to ship the boats to its dealers to keep the boats clean for delivery and not as a primary cover. I do see that there is 1 for sale and has 1 bid if it is you good luck on winning and I am sure it will work for you but I do not see it lasting more than 1 winter outside. Brain
Old 10-28-2006, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brian41
A lot of the items that you have been outbid on I bought.I bid every day on there items
The only items that I bid up are the items that I am purchasing for myself as I to have a Baja boat that I am in the process of rerigging.
Sounds to me like you are contradicting yourself a little. First, you are the one who is buying low to sell high. Now you are saying that you bid only on items for your own Baja??????

I don't get it??? I understand business is business but I agree with haulinvols, you are just grabbing these items out from under other Baja owners expecting that they will buy from you later for 40% more.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:22 PM
Registered

Ebay is an auction site. High bidder wins. Put in your MAXIMUM bid to start with. Then, if you dont win you shouldnt feel so bad.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TBairos
Sounds to me like you are contradicting yourself a little. First, you are the one who is buying low to sell high. Now you are saying that you bid only on items for your own Baja??????

I don't get it??? I understand business is business but I agree with haulinvols, you are just grabbing these items out from under other Baja owners expecting that they will buy from you later for 40% more.
I knew that if I answered this thread it would cause conflict with some of the idiots on this site that is why I have been a member for 4 years with only 200 posts. I see it all the time unless you are a big shot on here you get no respect. I came on here to answer some of the comments made by johyb 1 that Speed4U0 had somebody bidding up there items for them to get more money for there items. My comment that I bid on them so that that in general when you get out bid if you see the buyer 3baja2 its me, 2 that there site was shut down twice for it very untrue.

As for your second comment I have just as much right to purchase these items for what ever reason I choose and if you or anybody else does not like it out bid me and as I said earlier items I purchase for resale I only bid to a point that I know I can sell it for a 40 percent markup which is in most cases still 50 percent less than what it would have been if you had purchased it from Baja or the original manufacture.

Like TEAMBAJA said if you do not bid enough and you wanted it and lose you did not want it bad enough to pay the price. Call me an opportunist if anything but that is what this country is all about.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:30 PM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

I knew that if I answered this thread it would cause conflict with some of the idiots on this site
Nice comment, hope you sell a bunch of parts in the future.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:44 PM
Registered

I knew that if I answered this thread it would cause conflict with some of the idiots on this site that is why I have been a member for 4 years with only 200 posts. I see it all the time unless you are a big shot on here you get no respect. I came on here to answer some of the comments made by johyb 1 that Speed4U0 had somebody bidding up there items for them to get more money for there items. My comment that I bid on them so that that in general when you get out bid if you see the buyer 3baja2 its me, 2 that there site was shut down twice for it very untrue.

As for your second comment I have just as much right to purchase these items for what ever reason I choose and if you or anybody else does not like it out bid me and as I said earlier items I purchase for resale I only bid to a point that I know I can sell it for a 40 percent markup which is in most cases still 50 percent less than what it would have been if you had purchased it from Baja or the original manufacture.

Like TEAMBAJA said if you do not bid enough and you wanted it and lose you did not want it bad enough to pay the price. Call me an opportunist if anything but that is what this country is all about.
Look, I agree 110% that you have every right to bid on ebay as everybody else. I also agree 110% with TEAMBAJA, auction is obviously for the highest bidder... And yes it is America the land of opportunity.

But as all of these statements are true I also believe we are all entitled to have our own opinions and express them with out being called names. Right???

I didn't even bid on any of the auctions or care to have anything being sold by speed4yo. I just think what you are doing is not right. I personally try my best to make friends with the Baja community and other performance boaters for that matter and don't wish to make a "quick" buck off of them. I have stated my opinion and I stand behind it.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:40 PM
Registered

this thread answers alot of questions i had. man i've been trying to buy a 33 cover since before they got banned then came back and i was always outbid trying to get a decent deal. i don't have a dog in this fight what so ever and agree making a buck is a buck but coming on here and semi bragging throwing it in our face about buying everything and spending 10 k here and 250k in inventory there and my own shop and new biz yada yada yada kind of rubs me the wrong way. but after reading that i was still on the fence till the idiot phrase came out.....now good luck convincing everybody to come to you at a mark up for your baja parts!
Old 10-28-2006, 06:57 PM
Banned

haulinvols,
I do sell and will continue to sell parts like I have done for the past 27 years. All my customers come back because I give each and everyone of them the same service I expect when I purchase something weather or not they are idiots so if in the future if you need any parts that I am the only one that has them you are welcome to purchase them also.

Tbairos, If you think that this is a way to make a quick buck you are sadly mistaken the time that I spend on the computer, picking up the parts 120 miles away, listing, selling, packaging and shipping averages about 40 hours a week at the same time I run and do 100 percent of the repairs in my shop. I work 7 days a week and did not even get to go on my boat this year all the boating I did was test drives so when the quick buck comes I think I will be in titled to it but what I am doing is for future sales and I will continue to move forward in any manor I see fit even if it means pissing off a few of the guy's here that seem to be bothered by it.

Quick Reply: Ebay rant!!! GGGRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.