24' Outlaw with 650hp >

24' Outlaw with 650hp

Notices

24' Outlaw with 650hp

Old 06-15-2007, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Kennyo,
I miss party cove at Priest. Not quite the same atmosphere down here. Saw Checkmate's buddy Brian out running his Pantera the other day.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wantingmore
Hey Kennyo,
I miss party cove at Priest. Not quite the same atmosphere down here. Saw Checkmate's buddy Brian out running his Pantera the other day.
Who is this?
Old 06-19-2007, 02:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild Card 09
Guess I just have to add something, here. As you know, I´m totally convinced about the improvements in handling and speed that the 3" lift box have added to my 25OL. However, I was beginning to believe that the 4 1/2" prop to pad dimension that I am running was as high as I should want to go.
Then a buddy of mine with a similarly configured, but longer boat (29 Aerotek - pad bottom, notched transom), who had already fitted a 3" lift box after seeing the success on mine, decided to raise his drive even further. He has gone up from a similar 5" dimension up another 2"!
With only 3" prop to pad, his boat runs even faster, and he says the handling is even better. He runs a TPM 900 motor and is still pulling hard at over 90 mph (also using a labbed 28" Bravo, but on a 1.36 Imco SC drive)
What I´m saying is that two different boat/motor settups really responded well to the Imco box.
I can imagine the 24OL would work good too.
Haven't heard of a 24 ol with a box yet, it might work or it might suk,the bottom of my 272 is different then a 25 or 24 so it can't really be compared , as far as a 24 with a box,it's one of those "unknown" things. I'm surprized your bud was able to go so high. My prop centerline was 7.5" stock,the plus 1" with the box made mine cavitate and bow steer,blow prop out,wouldn't carry the bow well cruising in rough water,a 1" spacer got rid of 80% of the problems the box created but slowed my boat down 3-5 mph more,the box had already slowed it down 3-5mph too. I still might try a shortie drive this year after I re-establish my base line. A 24 O/L is short so it shouldn't have much problem carrying the bow but 1 foot back might drasticlly change the c/g also. I sold my box to a guy with a 25 O/L in wis,I haven't heard his results yet,Smitty
Old 06-19-2007, 02:48 PM
Registered

i THINK YOUR 27 hull is only 25ft my friends had 89 250 s one had a90 270 same boat hull was only 25ft mine is the real 24ft 240ol not the lake boat 226 which is now a 240. and the 2'' shortie gave me with a carb change alot. I still had the chine walk over 75 to 83 put you got to drive it I hope with the full hdy steering on it will stop altogether. I just order a new B1X DRIVE and going to order the box or the lower shortie nexted.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wild Card 09
Guess I just have to add something, here. As you know, I´m totally convinced about the improvements in handling and speed that the 3" lift box have added to my 25OL. However, I was beginning to believe that the 4 1/2" prop to pad dimension that I am running was as high as I should want to go.
Then a buddy of mine with a similarly configured, but longer boat (29 Aerotek - pad bottom, notched transom), who had already fitted a 3" lift box after seeing the success on mine, decided to raise his drive even further. He has gone up from a similar 5" dimension up another 2"!
With only 3" prop to pad, his boat runs even faster, and he says the handling is even better. He runs a TPM 900 motor and is still pulling hard at over 90 mph (also using a labbed 28" Bravo, but on a 1.36 Imco SC drive)
What I´m saying is that two different boat/motor settups really responded well to the Imco box.
I can imagine the 24OL would work good too.
did you have to change your tail pipes too re cut?? thanks art
Old 06-19-2007, 05:33 PM
the Flightmaster
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I assembled the whole drive and motor with the raised front mounts that I had made up and fitted the tailpipes to the CMI´s, and then marked out the new postions on the transom.
The pieces that I cut out with the hole saw I reused to fill the old holes in the transom.
You can´t really see any sign that the old motor lived 3" nearer to the bilge. A high x dimension is a real bonus on a single - the access to the lower parts of the motor, raw water pump, the depthfinder sender and the bilge pump is sooo easy!

@ Smitty. Your problem with cavitation really did surprise me. None of my props show any signs of it. You can throw my boat into a 75 mph turn with the trim still up for speed and it won´t cavitate at all.
The handling is awesome!
Old 06-20-2007, 03:06 PM
Registered

well I will stick with the shortie 2'', I already filled the holes in once when I went to S/M dry ex the pipes were raiosed 4'' from the factory that way my pipes are a foot above the water now. I am going polished this time with the lower. order the drive mon, 07 b1 x. artie
Old 06-22-2007, 11:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kennyo
Who is this?
(Hint): Saw you, Butch, and Corey at bike week. Used to live with Butch and run around with Sharon.