Lucky 7 boat question >

Lucky 7 boat question

Notices

Lucky 7 boat question

Old 08-02-2007, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Lucky 7 boat question

Looking at the pic in powerboat mag it looks like there are lights behind the speakers, how is that done????

PS - saw the boat at loto and it is very nice, love the orange engines

Wild
Old 08-02-2007, 10:20 AM
Registered

I read that they're led lights everywhere inc. the speakers.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was fortunate enough to be on 7's yesterday for about 4 hours. There are lights everywhere & speakers everywhere also. It is AWESOME! We ran the piss out of it on this little lake in Lincoln, NE. Premier Boating Center was the lucky dealer who got to have it for 2 or 3 days.
It is pretty cool all around, but Chicago & LOTO took their toll on the boat. Chicago busted the glove box door off the hinges & LOTO broke part of one of the skegs. There is alot of loose fasteners & stuff that is to be expected from being at those 2 places. All cosmetic, easily fixed stuff. Wouldn't detrer me from stroking a check for it today.....if it were for sale.
If I were to buy another Baja it would be from Brett at PBC. He is young like me & is really ambitious when it comes to making a dealership successfull. He has sold one of 3 ~ 35's with 700's in it & PBC is only a year old at selling Bajas!
I have some pics & vids up in my putfile link. Sorry, there is no sound. I goofed & didn't have it turned on.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:00 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild
Looking at the pic in powerboat mag it looks like there are lights behind the speakers, how is that done????

PS - saw the boat at loto and it is very nice, love the orange engines

Wild
What they did was use LED lighting inside the speakers. If you take you speaker grill off and then glue or screw the little led light on the inside of the speaker pointed towards the speaker cone. Looks like the light is coming from the speaker and not the cover. Looks great though.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Chicago was rough this year. Not even close to what it was last year. That boat goes all over the country and is driven hard.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:12 PM
Registered

There are lights everywhere & speakers everywhere also.

Like this
Attached Thumbnails Lucky 7 boat question-dsc02229-large-.jpg   Lucky 7 boat question-dsc02230-large-.jpg   Lucky 7 boat question-dsc02235-large-.jpg  

Old 08-02-2007, 02:15 PM
Registered

and this

I need those lights
Attached Thumbnails Lucky 7 boat question-dsc02238-large-.jpg   Lucky 7 boat question-dsc02252-large-.jpg   Lucky 7 boat question-dsc02249-large-.jpg  

Old 08-02-2007, 02:20 PM
Registered
VIP Member

It's not that hard to do. Just need to find small LED's to mount on the inside of your speaker grill. I have the same speakers JL rocks...
Old 08-02-2007, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
I was fortunate enough to be on 7's yesterday for about 4 hours. There are lights everywhere & speakers everywhere also. It is AWESOME! We ran the piss out of it on this little lake in Lincoln, NE. Premier Boating Center was the lucky dealer who got to have it for 2 or 3 days.
It is pretty cool all around, but Chicago & LOTO took their toll on the boat. Chicago busted the glove box door off the hinges & LOTO broke part of one of the skegs. There is alot of loose fasteners & stuff that is to be expected from being at those 2 places. All cosmetic, easily fixed stuff. Wouldn't detrer me from stroking a check for it today.....if it were for sale.
If I were to buy another Baja it would be from Brett at PBC. He is young like me & is really ambitious when it comes to making a dealership successfull. He has sold one of 3 ~ 35's with 700's in it & PBC is only a year old at selling Bajas!
I have some pics & vids up in my putfile link. Sorry, there is no sound. I goofed & didn't have it turned on.
So JAson you readyu to upgrade. Whats your opinion of the 35 and one thats able to just tick 100? Just wondering cause I really want to sell my 29 for a 35 ..The wife is not liking the idea though
I was up close to the boat when it was at Sanibel in FL for the baja photo shoot but didnt get a ride. they did fire up and it sounded sweet.

Dennis
Old 08-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bowtye8
So JAson you readyu to upgrade. Whats your opinion of the 35 and one thats able to just tick 100? Just wondering cause I really want to sell my 29 for a 35 ..The wife is not liking the idea though
I was up close to the boat when it was at Sanibel in FL for the baja photo shoot but didnt get a ride. they did fire up and it sounded sweet.

Dennis
It was fun, but it needs 850's or 1075's for me to get excited. Don't get me wrong, it was fun, but seemed kinda relaxed. Part of that has to do with being on such a small lake with no waves. I know if I were to buy one it would need more power & one with Mag HO's is just out of the question.
The boat can handle WAY more power than what it has. There is no doubt in my mind about that.
All that paint is impressive to look at up close & the pictures just don't do it justice.
I stood and looked that boat over for at least 1/2 hour just on one side & still I don't think I saw every subtle little detail!
So, I guess to answer your question of trading/upgrading. No, not without more power. But I would buy 7's just to have if I could swing 2 boats right now.

Quick Reply: Lucky 7 boat question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.